cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble from the start

thughes1963

Trouble from the start

Hello there,

I have been with plusnet for just under a year now. I had to move home and signed up for a new contract to do so, which is not an issue. 

Openreach cancelled twice with the home move and left me without internet for a month - which was an issue as they were cancelling last minute. 

I complained to Plusnet where my complaint was looked in to and I was offered 2 months free on the phone. I accepted this and appreciated that it wasn’t Plusnet’s fault ultimately. 

December rolls around and my most recent bill has left my bank account for a full months amount. - I phoned up to question why I wasn’t given what was agreed. 

the person on the phone said that they had no notes of what was agreed and would not honour it. 

I have now tried twice to speak to someone to get this resolved but I’m just being ignored. 

Please can someone contact me about resolving this, as I feel like switching away because of this. 

thank you in advance, and I apologise for the long post. 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Trouble from the start

@thughes1963  Welcome to the forum.

You could try this, it should raise a ticket for you.

If you know the date/approximate time/agents name of the call when you were offered the discount (unless of course there is a ticket/email in existence) then quote it as calls are recorded. https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/?_ga=2.63567919.1659638660.1609598112-12...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @thughes1963

I'm really sorry to read about this and I apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you on top of an already bad experience. I've checked over the account and provided a more detailed response for you here. 

Thanks

thughes1963

Thank you for that although I still haven’t had confirmation about 2 free months internet as promised
As of yesterday I do not have internet as there’s a fault in the line I seem to have problem after problem with your company if this is not resolved and compensated I will be looking to go back to my previous provider
A very unhappy customer
Teresa Hughes

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Jan 2021, at 19:13,
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@thughes1963, thanks for getting back to me. 

As confirmed here, the discounts to provide two months free broadband service have been refunded (for the previous month) and a credit added on for the next invoice. Two months free broadband is in regards to broadband and does not include line rental which is what may be confusing the situation. Apologies if this was not clear on the support ticket. 

With regards to the current broadband issue I can see it's been raised to our suppliers here, and is due to be fixed anytime up to midnight tomorrow - although this is subject to change due to the current lockdown and availability of engineers in your area. The support ticket will be updated once we have an update. Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks.