cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried the opposition?

pin2011
Grafter

Tried the opposition?

I did try to get a better deal from Talk Talk for the same service offered by Plusnet
re home phone and BB. The guy I spoke to at TT was very plausible and the price he offered
for the similar service was approx 68 pence cheaper than PN. TT offer of 40Gb of BB does not include free time between
midnight and 8am.The phone deal was the same 0870 and 0845 with 01,02,03 numbers included and anytime calls.
The TT line rental is £1 more than PN so they must do more than PN?Huh
He offered to set it up for me without any further contact, no MAC number or anything else required -
just the money via ddebit. If I am now on the 'Rolling contract' as mentioned elsewhere on
feedback forum then what is the duration of my contract now?Huh

9 REPLIES 9
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Tried the opposition?

Hi codfanglers,
I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us. In answer to your question, if you are on a rolling contract, this is a 10 day rolling contract, meaning that we would require 10 days notice before leaving us. In order to switch providers you would to speak to our Customer Options Team, they can be contacted on 0800 432 0200, option 7. They are available Monday - Friday from 09:00-17:30. You may find that having a chat with them may pay off, as we may be able to offer you a better deal than what Talk Talk have offered you.
You can alternatively write to us regarding the cancellation on your account. Our address is: Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.
As I say though, you will more than likely find a quick call to our Customer Options Team a little easier and quicker and we may be able to offer you a matching/better deal.
Hope this helps Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay more, for less  !
PN Customer Service is invaluable, and worth ££££'s
Have you read the TT horror stories ?
I'm with PN for life, I'm sure

I average 120gb of downloads per month, making use of the "free" period, not playing games nor live streaming.
Just software updates & iPlayers mostly.
And the occasional SKY Anytime+ downloads, 10gb the other day !
(Once a month catch-up)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

PlusComUK,
If I could 'Like' your comment, I really would Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

TT are horrendous for customer service, just read all the bad reviews over on MSE. Also TT sales will always talk up the bull IMHO  Shocked
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Chris
PlusComUK,
If I could 'Like' your comment, I really would Smiley

Thanks, appreciated.
I have nothing but praise for PlusNet, and especially the Tech Support Staff, especially at 1am to 3am  when I sometimes ring in !
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem.
Feel free to call in, I'll be there Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: PlusComUK
................... especially the Tech Support Staff, especially at 1am to 3am  when I sometimes ring in !

You're as mad as I am  Lips_are_sealed   I have also, Not often, or for a while, and yes they are  Wink
harps1h
Grafter

Here nearly a year and I can't fault their service at all. Always courteous  and helpful. Connections are good also, with any problems quickly sorted.
Grin Cheesy Cool
juliasdream
Grafter

TT are awful. Indian call centres, I hardly understand a word they say or vice versa
My mother ended up with them when they took over the company she was with. I advised her to change her package because the one she was on was more than she needed and she could save with a cheaper one
All was ok till she wanted to change providers
She would have had to pay £70+ termination fee
I protested on her behalf since technically she hadnt changed provider in years
They said her contract was renewed when she downgraded..
Not only do they have poor customer service but they play dirty tricks