Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translator required

arjay
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Translator required

All I asked for was the £4.00 evening/weekend charge to be removed from my account, which I had been told previously was no problem, but continued to be charged for the service which wasn’t available to me. I had also upgraded to fibre @ £7.99 pm and have since been charged £10.99 pm. I have been given credits but not all of them apparently until the account issue is sorted, if ever.

How can such a small request be so difficult.

The story so far:-

Tuesday 22 Jan 2019

it looks like your account is currently stuck in a back-end system

Tuesday 22 Jan 2019

Holding ticket awaiting for billing issue to be fixed.
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 5th February at 7:00am.

Tuesday 22 Jan 2019

The Question 186700676 has been released from hold and sent back to SM – AM

Tuesday 22 Jan 2019

Holding ticket awaiting for billing issue to be fixed.
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 5th February at 7:00am.

Tuesday 5 Feb 2019

Question [ 186700676 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Tuesday 5 Feb 2019

I'm placing this ticket on hold to allow more time for the system issues affecting your account to be fixed.
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 19th February at 7:00am.

Thursday 7 Feb 2019

The Question 186700676 has been released from hold and sent back to SM – AM

Thursday 7 Feb 2019

Unfortunately your account is affected by an API issue in one of the back-end billing systems which needs engineering intervention to try to figure out the problem and implement a solution. I'm afraid it's not a straightforward process. 

This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 19th February at 7:00am.

stuck in a back-end system? API issue in one of the back-end billing systems?  API issue in one of the back-end billing systems which needs engineering intervention to try to figure out the problem and implement a solution, it's not a straightforward process? Pleese speeka da inglish

As Victor Meldrew would say, “ I reeaally don’t believe it”

I’m not criticising the help team, I’m sure they are doing the best they can, but the system stinks. Is this the pinnacle of PN’s expertise?

With all this terminology which means nothing to me, I judge by results. In all honesty, how can I have confidence in PN when they can’t sort out what to me is a simple thing. Not something to be proud of PN

Being of a somewhat sceptical nature, I wonder if PN can be deliberately obstructive to dump what they may see as awkward customers.

I have just had a pace maker fitted. Thankfully PN had no involvement or goodness knows where they would have implanted it, or where they would have threaded the wire. Makes my eyes water to think about it Embarrassed

7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Translator required

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from General Chat to Accounts/Billing and escalated.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @arjay, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm truly sorry for the issues you have encountered with your monthly invoices. While we are unfortunately unable to provide a definitive timescale as to when your bills will be unsuspended, our engineers are actively working on this issue and trying to resolve this as swiftly as possible, however it does take time.

The information you have been provided through the open support ticket is essentially advising you that work is still underway to fix the problem and any further updates we receive will be updated on your account. 

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@arjay wrote: 

Being of a somewhat sceptical nature, I wonder if PN can be deliberately obstructive to dump what they may see as awkward customers.

Yeah, might look a bit that way Wink  Seriously, though, next Sunday (17th Feb 2019) I'll have been with Force9/PlusNet for 21 YEARS. In all that time I have *never* known them edge out customers by sabotaging their services  lol

As a non-techie customer I haven't a clue what "an API issue in one of the back-end billing systems" might be intended to convey - but it's always been a bit like that, here, loads of techno-speak on F9/PN newsgroups and forums - primarily I think because in the early days, the vast majority of the customers seemed to be *very* techie types, so F9/PN support staff got used to conversing at that level.

There have been a fair number of issues along the years (common to all ISPs, probably, though few of them are as up-front about that type of thing as PN has been) but they've all got sorted in due course, and meanwhile a fairly close-knit Community has come together, where everyone (staff and techie-customers alike) is incredibly helpful to those of us who haven't much grasp of how the technical stuff actually *works*.

I suppose what I'm saying is that the value of the PN Community outweighs the intermittent hiccups with the service. Yes, the billing issues are no doubt incredibly exasperating for anyone affected but PN will be working flat out to fix things, behind the scenes. In my experience they're a "good" ISP, full of people who care about the service and their customers. Outages are truly annoying, not just for us but for them also. And many customers might be surprised how many PN staff post on these boards in their spare time, not just while they're "at work". They're very far from "just another ISP". That's my perception, anyway.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
smiffy1
Pro

@Penny whilst i can agree with your sentiment , this present problem with the billing is going to leave a BIG stain on PN

Maloney
Dabbler

@arjay I feel your pain. Lost my account and my landline number has disappeared into oblivion due to the billing system. This came at the end of a tortuous year with plusnet, where I had experienced problem after problem. Like being in an abusive relationship, decided to take the advice of two CS members who stated that as I'm no longer tied I was free to go where I wanted, so I did. Was very happy with being with plusnet but it seemed alot easier if I [-Censored-]ed off rather than deal with the problems that arose.
Do look in occasionally to see if their billing problems have been rectified in the hope I could venture back. But that time is not now and can I see it in the foreseeable future.
arjay
Rising Star

@Penny wrote:

@arjay wrote: 

Thanks for that Penny, somewhat reassuring but my mind still boggles.Huh

For whatever reasons PN changed their billing system I don't know, but in my book you iron out all the problems and potential problems before sending it down the main line.

If I fitted new brakes or some other essential mechanical thing on my car, I'd test it out on the local quiet roads, I sure wouldn't go bombing at 70 down the motorway. Do you get my point.

I can't reason why with all the technology at hand, just how PN can get in such a mess. Perhaps they should provide the engineers with large hammers, that usually works Funny

Maloney
Dabbler

"if I [-Censored-]ed off"
Is the [-Censored-] word still too naughty nowadays on this forum ? 😕

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
Apparently so...Well I'll be "buttered" !