cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to SKY - Email re phone transferring but not broadband?

FIXED
JessicasDad
Dabbler

Transferring to SKY - Email re phone transferring but not broadband?

Hi,

I'm transferring to Sky after the price increase with the changeover due to happen on the 25th of August.

I've had an email (13th Aug) explaining that my phone service is being transferred and confirming that there are no early termination charges due, but that same email says that there's not been confirmation that my broadband is being transferred.

I was expecting another email confirming my broadband is transferring but have not received it yet. Should it normally have arrived by now,and should I chase Sky about it?

I also notice that a question is on my Plusnet account saying that an 'LLU PSTN Cease' has been placed on my account. Reading elsewhere on the forum suggests that this possibly will give rise to a £30 termination fee from Plusnet and is the wrong way for Sky to take over my line - is this right, and should I chase Sky on this as well?

Any help gratefully accepted - thanks in advance.

Ross

26 REPLIES 26
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Transferring to SKY - Email re phone transferring but not broadband?

Fix

I've had a look over your account and can confirm that we have received notification for the broadband to be ceased, in line with the phone migration off of the BT network.

It's likely a broadband migration notification may not have been triggered as it will be ceased as part of the phone line leaving the network.

In regards to the cease fee, previous posts on the forum discussing how it worked previously may be out of date, more information on the cease fee can be found here. However as Sky are primarily an LLU provider and on this occasion your line is leaving the BT network, it looks like the cease fee will be applicable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JessicasDad
Dabbler

Thanks for looking into this Harry,

As it turns out I got the email confirming I was leaving Plusnet this morning. Not sure if that was something you prompted or just co-incidental timing, but if it was you then thanks Smiley

As to the cease fee - thanks for the link to the info, and from what it says there I can see that the fee is definitely applicable, so you won't get any complaints from me if it's charged on my final bill.

Thanks again for the help.

Ross

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

When Sky were chasing my phone/internet business in May, I mentioned that PN would apply a cease fee -the  adviser at Sky offered to include a discount of £30 in my first bill as comp. Might be worth phoning Sky CS?Huh

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear the notification came through Ross.

All the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JessicasDad
Dabbler

@davidj66 wrote:

When Sky were chasing my phone/internet business in May, I mentioned that PN would apply a cease fee -the  adviser at Sky offered to include a discount of £30 in my first bill as comp. Might be worth phoning Sky CS?Huh

Thanks,

I think I will, as they've sent my dad a text today confirming when my order will complete. He's a Sky customer too and it seems like they've got the wrong mobile number on my order for some reason, so I'll speak to them about that and mention the £30 fee at the same time!

Ross

JessicasDad
Dabbler

Hi,

@HarryB wrote:

I've had a look over your account and can confirm that we have received notification for the broadband to be ceased, in line with the phone migration off of the BT network. 

Unfortunately it seems like something has gone amiss somewhere in your systems, as I've just (today) received advance notification of a direct debit for £20.50 for broadband (without phone) for 03/09/16 to 02/10/16.

As my service should be fully cancelled with you now then this invoice is not applicable - can you please organise to have it cancelled?

If I need to call you then please let me know - unfortunately I'm heading off to work in the next 10 minutes so can't do it just now, but will give you a call tomorrow if needed.

Thanks

Ross

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately if automation has already requested the amount, I won't be able to (And unfortunately neither will advisors over the phone, or managers) stop that from processing.

I'm happy to chase this up when I'm back in on Monday and have a look in a bit more detail, however in regards to the payment, your best bet may be to try and cancel the direct debit instruction with your bank before the payment is taken Undecided Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JessicasDad
Dabbler

Hi Harry,

Not a major hassle to cancel the DD so that's been done.

Hopefully it won't affect the payment for £2.07 due to be taken on Monday but as I see there is a refund of £1 due anyway then if it does I'll just phone up and pay the balance.

Let me know what you find on Monday.

Thanks

Ross
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As it currently stands, the payment still shows as processing so I unfortunately can't do much at the moment.

I've raised a ticket on your account with myself and I'll monitor your account for the payment to hopefully fail, at which point I'll be able to credit the amount off.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JessicasDad
Dabbler

@HarryB wrote:

As it currently stands, the payment still shows as processing so I unfortunately can't do much at the moment.

I've raised a ticket on your account with myself and I'll monitor your account for the payment to hopefully fail, at which point I'll be able to credit the amount off.

Thanks for looking into it.

I notice I've had a refund from you for the credit note I mentioned previously, but the payment for £2.07 hasn't yet been taken. If I've caused this one to fail as well then please let me know and I can always call you to pay it over the phone.

Thinking about it, I wonder if because my account was still 'live' because it was awaiting payment of the £2.07 then that caused the billing system to issue the next bill? Does that make sense?

Ross

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@JessicasDad wrote:

Thinking about it, I wonder if because my account was still 'live' because it was awaiting payment of the £2.07 then that caused the billing system to issue the next bill? Does that make sense?

Ross

It's possible that's what caused it.

At the moment the account is still showing the payments as processing, it might take a few more days for them to fail/clear, if they fail you'll receive a notification advising of this and that there's still an outstanding amount, we'll then be able to credit off the outstanding service charges and sort out the final payment.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JessicasDad
Dabbler

Hi Harry,

@HarryB wrote:

At the moment the account is still showing the payments as processing, it might take a few more days for them to fail/clear, if they fail you'll receive a notification advising of this and that there's still an outstanding amount, we'll then be able to credit off the outstanding service charges and sort out the final payment.

How are things looking just now?

I'm keen to get this sorted out and my account finally closed, but appreciate that the DD process takes it's own sweet time.

Ross

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Still shows DD processing Undecided

I've still got a personal ticket on the account to keep an eye on it though.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JessicasDad
Dabbler

@HarryB wrote:

Still shows DD processing Undecided

I've still got a personal ticket on the account to keep an eye on it though.

Thanks Harry,

Hopefully it will give up and admit failure just shortly and then I can call and settle the final bill Smiley

Appreciate the time you are spending on it though and will try not to bother you too much!

Ross