cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring services

jess1808
Dabbler

Transferring services

Hi, I know if you transfer services you don't need to contact plusnet to give notice as the new provider does however if the person requesting this new contract inst the current bill payer does this make a difference?
Basically the contract is up and I'm leaving the flat soon so it can no longer be in my name but we don't want too much downtime when it changes over. I have already been told the cessation charge will apply as its a new person but unsure if I need to give notice or not.
If I do need to give notice and I want it to end a couple of days into a new month what is the approx cost, it it just normal charges divided by 31 to get a per day cost?
4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Transferring services

Hi there,
To be compliant, we need to close the account down and reissue in a new name. Apologies if this causes inconvenience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jess1808
Dabbler

I don't think you understood me, we're transferring to a different company but it will be in a different name so I do need to ring and give 14 days notice or not?
I'd rather not have to ring, its obvious its cancelled when the new company tells you there taking it over but I don't want to incur charges by not giving notice.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry for the confusion there Jess.
We would always prefer that you give us a call, however having said this you don't have to.
The minimum 10 working days noticed given by the gaining provider when they place their order is sufficient as your notice to us that you're leaving.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Ah, my apologies for the confusion there.  Crazy
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet