cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring contract

spleenharvester
Dabbler

Transferring contract

I live in flatshare and may be moving out in the next few months. There are still 6 months of our contract left, but it's in my name. How do I go about transferring it to someone else in the household?
4 REPLIES 4
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Transferring contract

Hi  spleenharvester, unfortunately  you are not able to transfer an account to another person , unless a customer has deceased.
As posted by a member of the PN team earlier this month
Quote from: http
Due to Ofcom requirements, we must not transfer an account from one person to another. The only exception to this is when the customer is deceased. If a change of account holder is required then a new account will have to be set up to take over the old one at the property and any cancellation fee's or outstanding balances paid.

Kind Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spleenharvester
Dabbler

Hello,
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this - 'If a change of account holder is required then a new account will have to be set up to take over the old one at the property and any cancellation fee's or outstanding balances paid'
Does that mean on the new account or old account? Because if it's a matter of just re-opening an account for a new one that would be no problem as they intend to stay with Plusnet for the rest of the 6 months if that is possible?
If that's not possible that is pretty rediculous, what is Ofcom's reasoning?..
Cheers
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

basically you'd have to cancel the existing account and pay any fees.
then the rest of the occupants would need to start over again with a new contract etc.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
spleenharvester
Dabbler

That is rather unfortunate, since the rest of the tenants are only here until June. Seems both us and Plusnet lose out here. Oh well.