cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Broadband, line and number to new resident.

FIXED
RoosterUK
Hooked

Transferring Broadband, line and number to new resident.

Is it possible for a new resident to arrange Broadband and landline, keeping same number, without a gap in service?

If so how is it arranged?

ie: I end my contract and the next resident starts a new contract.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Transferring Broadband, line and number to new resident.

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @RoosterUK 

It’s possible for the new tenants to takeover your line, but not telephone number if they’re wanting to remain with Plusnet I’m afraid. 

If they’re happy with a new number they’d just have to sign up a new account making sure they don’t advise us of the current landline number in the ‘availability checker’ at the beginning. 

We’ll then place an order with our suppliers to take over the line changing it into their name. Once the order completes, we’ll close your account and generate your final bill within 21 days with any cancellation fees and/or pro-rata refunds for any service you’ve paid you’ve not had. 

This is just like a transfer between two providers apart from the fact we can’t transfer a landline number from one Plusnet account to another Plusnet account in a different name. 

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet