cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally and utterly fed up with billing errors

arunc
Hooked

Totally and utterly fed up with billing errors

I see my post complaining about repeated billing errors was deleted. Could you explain why?

Long standing, utterly fed up Plusnet customer

16 REPLIES 16
arunc
Hooked

Very long standing customer utterly fed up with repeated incorrect billing and poor customer service

Apart from a couple of short breaks I have been with Force9/Plusnet for a very long time, probably nearly 20 years.

I am now at my wits end, utterly fed up.

Last October I changed to a new contract. and ever since then I have been:

1. Overcharged the amount agreed in the contract ( hence that is a breach of contract )

2. The money taken from my bank account has been more than every invoice due amount on all invoices since then 

3. Customer services / billing team not acting on what I have been promised to resolve the issue ( appalling customer service )

4. Formal complaints being ignored and not processed or acted upon ( against own complaints process )

I have had long discussions on chat and phone calls to try and get resolution. I seem to go down the same path every time, and the same happens - nothing gets resolved, I have probable made 10 long calls or chats since October, probably each over an hour long - lots of apologies and no resolution.

The support, billing and customer service systems seem to be failing and I am utterly fed up. I do not want any further apologies for inconveniences caused.

This is no way to treat loyal customers, or indeed any customers. I see I am not the only one having issues.

Something needs to change - every time I make contact I get sent down the same path that is just not working. I see no end in sight, and to be frank I just don't need the hassle and just feel like leaving, my loyalty is shot. However, I am concerned that others must be being billed incorrectly so thought I would share my 'experience'.

Arun

arunc
Hooked

Re: Fed up with billing errors

1. Every bill, since October has has money taken out of my account more than the invoice  due amount on the invoice.

2. Each month I have been charged more than my agree contract rate.

3. My formal complaints have not been acted upon or even registered,

4. I am fed up of being apologised to and nothing, ever, being resolved.

More than 10 chats/calls longer than an hour each to try and get resolution, still nothing happens.

20 years, give or take with Plusnet / Force 9. What is going wrong? 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Fed up with billing errors

@arunc wrote:

I see my post complaining about repeated billing errors was deleted. Could you explain why?

It was caught by the spam filter but I have now released it.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Very long standing customer utterly fed up with repeated incorrect billing and poor customer ...

Hi @arunc, I am really sorry for the poor experience you have recently had with and the account Billing. This is not the experience that we want you to have with us, nor the level of service we pride ourselves on.

Looking into the account I can see you have since spoken to a colleague to resolve the matter, I can confirm that [CSA Removed] will be processing what has been agreed and he will reply to your ticket on Monday once he has confirmation this has all been done.

If you have any further queries in the meantime however, please just get back to us.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Very long standing customer utterly fed up with repeated incorrect billing and poor customer ...

Hi @arunc, I am really sorry for the poor experience you have recently had with and the account Billing. This is not the experience that we want you to have with us, nor the level of service we pride ourselves on.

Isn't this the norm lately especially since the new billing upgrade so how can you say that this isn't the level of service you pride yourself on..
Get a grip and welcome to the real world. This forum is getting clogged up with daily complaints regarding billing issues. Come on plusnet get your act together!!!!!

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) amended post to make quote clearer

arunc
Hooked

I have spoken to countless people to try and get this resolved, the latest contact today gave me no faith anything will be resolved. I have lost all faith in billing, customer service and the systems in place. I am fed up with platitudes. 

I have trusted and promoted Plusnet for many years. I have zero faith that my latest discussions with Plusnet staff will resolve the issue.

I feel I can no longer support Plusnet after such a long time - the systems and processes are not fit for purpose from a customers perspective. It's a farce.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

I totally agree, it's more than a farce.
arunc
Hooked

LaurenB, I have been apologised to on numerous occasions, and nothing, ever, gets resolved - at least this time is didn't even mention the huge inconveniences caused ! My experience has been shocking. There is no point in making apologies unless they are sincere and acted upon. This has been going on since October.

The billing system at Plusnet is not fit for purpose. It is incredible that invoices are being sent out showing an amount due, and the amount taken from customers accounts being different, more than double ! That is just unacceptable and I am sure that organisations such as HMRC will take great interest in the fact this is happening. I think your accounting systems requires a thorough audit.

Meanwhile, I have been overcharged every month.

The 'solution' seems to be to release me from my contract ( since overcharging the amount agreed is a breach of contract ), so I can move to another ISP, rather than resolving the issues in your accounting system.

A further note, I asked for a formal complaint to me made so it was escalated within your complaints process on 14/12. That wasn't even recorded in the system and I am now being told that complaints cannot be backdated. I asked for another complaint to be raised yesterday, lets see if anything happens again this time.

In the meantime I am compiling a dossier of discussions, invoices, bank statements and information so I can sent to the Ombudsmen, HMRC and Ofcom since your complaints process is also not fit for purpose. Maybe you can apologise to them as well.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @arunc 

I can see (from this ticket) that we are awaiting the agreed changes to be made to your account. 

I shall chase this today top ensure it happens. 

The ticket and account will be updated to reflect these changes once actioned. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

arunc
Hooked

Thank you MoR, however, what about resolving the issues in your accounting system, support system and customer complaints process, is that all being done on the same ticket? These are systemic issues, and from a customers point of view, don't apear to be being addressed.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@arunc - I wouldn't be able to answer that straight away as I will need to discuss this with the person who talked to you on the phone (name not provided as per forums rules).  

I have a feeling these points are way above both of our positions and I wouldn't like to set any false expectations. 

Once I get an reply to my internal email I shall update you with anything which has not been placed on the ticket. 

Apologies for being vague at the moment, but over the weekend it is somewhat difficult to liaise with different departments in real time due to shift alignments. 

Thanks, 

MoR

arunc
Hooked

Thanks MoR, I agree with you, and I know you are trying your best to help.

However, where does that leave customers - if basic services like billing are so fundamentally flawed, the only option, if the issues aren't being resolved, it to reluctantly leave, and never return.

I don't think, in my entirely lifetime, I have ever been sent invoices where the money taken from my bank account did not match up with the amount due, and then nothing gets done to resolve the issue. Shocking.

Lets look at two invoices

My agreed package charge is £24.99 per month

November

Package charge £27.93 ( which is incorrect )

Discount for previous overcharge £-14.99

Amount due £12.94

Amount taken from bank £27.93

December

Package charge £31.48 ( which is, again incorrect )

Discount for previous overcharge £-14.99

Amount due £16.49

Amount taken from bank £31.48

I have another bill due tomorrow, I will post the results !

arunc
Hooked

@LaurenB, well my support ticket was answered, apparently my contract term has been reduced to a month so I am able to leave soon ( although the contract end date shown on my account page has not changed ). No mention of actually resolving the billing issues, nor an update on the status of my complaint initiated on 14th December. Very disappointing

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @arunc,

I am sorry to read about your experience and I apologise for the frustration caused.

I can see a colleague has replied to your open complaint ticket here with regards to your latest query. What specifically are you looking to confirm?

Thanks.