Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total disgust with Plusnet !!!

gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Total disgust with Plusnet !!!

After over 6 years with Plusnet, for various reasons I decided to move to another isp. This was concluded on the 18th of last month with a smooth switch over. 

Since then I have been awaiting the final bill which has not arrived.

Since I am unemployed I do try to make sure that bills are paid.

So I was surprised to receive a text alert from my bank saying they had refused a payment due to insufficient funds in my account. After checking online I found that Plusnet has attempted to take money out to pay this final bill which I have not been notified about.

I had enough money in my account on Friday but under the impression there were no bills to pay before Tuesday when money will be paid in, I did some shopping thus spending the money that was there. Had I received some notification from Plusnet as to the amount and date of the final bill I would not have spent this money.

I have just spoken to a Plusnet rep on the phone, who initially could not find the correct account in my name, but then after my explanation merely insisted that the bill had to be paid. She also revealed that an email was sent to my Plusnet email account notifying me of the final bill amount and due date. Considering that on switchover, Plusnet closed my email account and denied me access to any emails, old or new, I find this comment totally disgusting and farcical.

She also stated that I could have accessed my final bill via the web portal, but considering my account had been officially closed and access on the portal was limited I had no reason to access the portal,

Now for the cost of a stamp to send me a paper bill via the post as notification I face having to pay the final bill in full PLUS bank charges for a bounced direct debit which was not within my control.

PLUSNET DO YOU PROUD Huh more like PLUSNET WILL DO YOU !!! Sad Sad Sad

21 REPLIES 21
Anon
Pro

Re: Total disgust with Plusnet !!!

Complain to the Ombudsan Services.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @gtowen,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you, however we do not have the facility to send paper bills and so the final bill is sent to the contact email address on your account and also added as a ticket on your account.

On the 7th of March we made you aware that the final bill would be produced within 20 days of your cancellation, as per the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
gtowen
Rising Star

@EmilyD  As seems to be the norm for Plusnet these days your comments are just a denial of Plusnet failing to inform the client correctly.

Firstly the email attached to my account is the Plusnet email set up when I joined Plusnet many years ago. So please explain how I am supposed to access the final bill email sent to this account when Plusnet promptly closed the email account and denied me access on the day of the switch over. It would make much more sense to close the account after the final bill is sent and all business is concluded between Plusnet and the client. I see no disavantage to Plusnet to leave the account active until all matters are resolved.

Secondly as already mentioned, the access on the portal is limited and having just been on there now I see no access to any ticket system to view any new tickets as you suggest.

As to the link you have added to a previous ticket, that is not to the ticket but to a copy from what I assume is your archives, and not to the ticket system itself.

I think a complaint to the ombudsman is my only option, since I don't believe I should be out of pocket due to Plusnet's failure to inform me of the final bill.

As to the final bill, this will be paid promptly tomorrow morning as soon as funds are available.

gtowen
Rising Star

@EmilyD  Just been back on the portal and found the ticket system via the Help Assistant.

There are 3 tickets available to view. Only the last one dated today concerns this matter and is in reference to my phone call.

"I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you, however we do not have the facility to send paper bills and so the final bill is sent to the contact email address on your account and also added as a ticket on your account."

None of the tickets available to view contain details of my final bill as you claim. !!!!!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @gtowen

I am sorry to hear that your associated email account was also closed down which has resulted in you being unable to view recent account correspondences. I understand your comments on this and I will raise as feedback internally as I do think it may be something our teams need to take note of, especially in terms of us communicating leaving correspondences.

I can see that Emily provided a link to the service notification that contained your final bill information. However, I can appreciate you may not have been able to view this due to limitations on your account. I have now updated the most recent support ticket on your account with the details of your final bill and you can view this here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards

gtowen
Rising Star

@Satss  With respect, adding information that is already known to the ticket is not helpful. I was made aware of the amount in the final bill when my bank texted me that the payment would be refused due to insufficient funds in my account. Had I had access to my email account and seen the final bill email I could have taken steps to ensure there were sufficient funds available.

Instead I never saw this email or had any knowledge of the due date and as such I am now facing bank charges which I don't think is right. I do struggle with my finances been unemployed, so the occasional failed payments have happened, but I accept that on those occasions I was to blame.

On this occasion though the failure was on Plusnets part in blocking my access to the final bill email, and is not helped by Emily's reference of a non-existent ticket purporting to hold details of my final bill.

I don't see why I should be out of pocket because of Plusnets failure in this instance and passing feedback internally seems to be a euphanism for doing nothing.

Edit: To add insult to injury I've just noticed at the bottom of each reply to todays ticket is the refrain :

"[Email notification sent to: [Removed]]"

Shame I don't have access to read the emails !!!!!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Thank you for getting back to me @gtowen I have updated the support ticket here with my response.

gtowen
Rising Star

@Satss  I have replied to the ticket.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @gtowen,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I have looked into this for you and have sent a response here.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

gtowen
Rising Star

@LordFoul  I have replied to the ticket.. Gerwyn

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @gtowen, thanks for that.

I've just updated the ticket now.

For other users - We are discussing bank statements and what is considered acceptable as proof of payment, with some confusion initially arising with regards whether a PDF print out is acceptable.

Our guidance states:

A true copy of an original sent to you by the bank, printed from a statement machine, or downloaded from internet banking

With that in mind, we can see that a PDF print out from internet banking would indeed be acceptable.

gtowen
Rising Star

Hi @OskarPapa  sorry to correct you but the confusion came from the info I was given on that ticket, namely

"- It must be a true copy of an original sent by the bank. We cannot accept statements printed from a machine or via Internet Banking"

Since most banks use a paperless system, even Plusnet use online billing, unless I specifically request a paper statement, which I believe carries it's own charge for sending, all statements/bills are downloaded/printed.

So the quoted info gave me confusion and is in contradiction to your own post.

Having spoken on the phone, I was told a statement downloaded from my online account in pdf format could be added to the ticket and would be acceptable.

As to the final bill not yet been generated (response from your ticket and this mornings phone call) this thread wouldn't exist if that was true. If you are saying things are on hold until I provide statement proof (which will take another 14 days to comply with the ticket requests) then I can understand the comments.

Gerwyn

EDIT: Also as requested I provided an alternate email address on the ticket but I notice emails are still been sent to the defunct plusnet email address to which I have no access

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to me @gtowen - no need to apologise, your feedback is appreciated.

I can assure you that the statement quote I've attached is our most up to date guidance and I'll ensure that the ticket text is updated to reflect this moving forward.

With regards the timescale - I'd provided the default timescale, although with the issue regarding proof of payment it does seem that yours has been delayed until the statement has been received.

If you'd like to PM me when you've got the statement and have added it to the ticket, I can ensure that it's dealt with more efficiently for you.

Please let me know if you need anything else at all.

gtowen
Rising Star

@OskarPapa  Thank you for your reply and offer to expedite things. As said there's nothing can be done for now as the ticket requirements ask for 14 days of information after the failed Plusnet payment on the statement.

So I will reply again when the statement is obtained.

Regards

Gerwyn