cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback issue

crossy1
Hooked

Topcashback issue

Hi recently signed up through topcashback. After reading T&C's noted that wasn't able to write a referral user.

I have phoned customer services today to see if this would result in my cashback being declined and whether referral could be removed: was reassured that this was fine and didnt need to cancel and reorder. I asked if a note could be placed on the system in case there was an issue and can't see any detail of phone call.

Can someone please confirm that this is the case?Huh

9 REPLIES 9
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Topcashback issue

The two things aren't compatible, but if you've been advised differently we'd need to take things on a case by case basis. I note you have an open ticket on the account so I'd ask you add the details to that ticket (ticket) so that we can find the calls and advise further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
crossy1
Hooked

I was advised to cance which I have, unfortunateltl the offer is no longer as good through TCB so will recontract now with BT 

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm really sorry about that. I was hoping I could have got to the bottom of it and sorted it all out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
crossy1
Hooked

unfortunately not. I paid for line rental saver upfront how long does that take to be refunded?Huh

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Once processed it will be about ten days until you receive it. When the account closed the direct debit details will have been removed from the account. As a consequence, it will be a cheque refund which will be about ten days. Tony

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
crossy1
Hooked

can it not be returned to the original payment method?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @crossy1

Unfortunately not - any refund for a closed account does need to be dispatched via cheque, I'm afraid as we no longer have an active direct debit on your account.

Kind regards,

Dave

crossy1
Hooked

can you tell me if the cheque has been sent as yet/when this will be?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @crossy1,

I've taken a look at your account today and raised a response via a ticket, which can be viewed here. Once you've had the chance to read and respond to the ticket then please let us know so we can pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team