cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback declined

Angela57

Topcashback declined

Topcashback have declined my claim for £80  saying :- 

The reason Plusnet have decided against rewarding the cashback is due to the fact they believe the transaction was tracked through another marketing channel.

Although you may have not directly gone through another referral site to process your transaction, it appears another entity has been linked to your purchase.

I know I went through the correct channels I use Topcashback on a regular basis and am well aware of the procedures.  I contacted Plusnet re the matter they checked my account assured me I was due to the cash back and asked me to inform Topcashback of their response,  I did and  here's Topcashbacks response:

It is quite common for customer service departments of merchants to provide misleading information regarding cashback. Aspects such as cashback are often dealt with by a different part of their company and they may be unable to assist you with questions concerning cashback."

Whenever we are submitting claims, we do not liaise with the merchant’s themselves, but their chosen network agency, who resolve claims and track cashback on behalf of merchants."

I can confirm that the retailer ultimately credits the commission to us, which is what we pass back to our members as cashback, if this is agreed to and we work with the retailer via the standard channels.

Can we please ask that you refer all enquiries relating to your cashback to TopCashBack?

I can only apologise on this occasion. We always endeavour to try and get positive outcomes for our claims, but regrettably that cannot always be the case.

As we consider this a valid reason to decline a claim, we will currently be unable to dispute this decision any further.

It seems to me that Topcashback have no interest in their customers  once the purchase has been made and find  blaming the supplier the easy way out.   Surely this is not fair on the supplier who have no idea their good reputation is being undermined.

Can anyone at Plusnet please help me with this?

27 REPLIES 27
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Topcashback declined

Hi Angela.

I'm sorry to hear your TopCashBack clam has been declined.

I've raised this with our marketing team to investigate. We'll let you know when we hear back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our marketing team have advised that the sale didn't track as an affiliate offer.

One of the reasons this can occur is due to the cookies on the device you were using which are influenced by browsing habits and ad-blockers. The last cookie on the device has to be the affiliate's for the sale to track correctly.

With that said, if you can PM me a screenshot of your TCB page showing the claim we'll be happy to see what we can do to resolve this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Angela57

A big thank you to Plusnet for sorting this out for me.  

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all Angela.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bartsips

Hi,

I`ve joined Plusnet on 4th October via TopCashback, I still have a screenshot clearly of my confirmation page "in partnership with TopCashback" regardless my cashback which tracked automatically was declined later in October. I raised a TopCashback Query to resolve the issue, 8th November send from TCB to Plusnet, send even a nudge in January but nearly 5 months later this remains unresolved. Can anyone help what to do from here?

Thanks

Bart

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

hello @bartsips

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with cashback. I have responded via your account here. Please can you reply to the ticket and let us know when you have done so. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
bartsips

Hi SammyM,

Woaw, nice to see Plusnet staff monitor the forum, cool! I replied to the e-mail from support@plus.net Smiley

All the best

Bart

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @bartsips,

Thank you very much for getting back in touch and for sending the information over.

Unfortunately, support@plus.net is an unmonitored mailbox so this won't have reached our side. Would it be possible for you to attach this to the ticket that Sammy linked in her post?

Thanks very much,

Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
philukleeds1583

I have also had this issue with your site but through Quidco for £50 and you told them you paid it to another marketing channel. nobody else referred me to your site only Quidco and seems like its a common thing for you to do this to stop customers getting there cashback but by the time you tell them they are over there cooling off period.

I want you to look into this for me

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Welcome to the community forums @philukleeds1583

I'm looking into this and I'll update your account via e-mail when I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Laura86
Hooked

In reference to £70 cashback I was due from top cashback, I received the same email as you Angela from top cashback. In fact it was word for word identical. After a lot of messaging they are finally contacting plus net again for me regarding the cash back. But they say if plus net decline it again they won't be able to pursue it further. Come on plus net, get your act together. It appears you are causing issues for a lot of people when it comes to cash back. So either stop offering cashback through sites such as topcashback or get your act together and pay it out when it is due.
I am still awaiting my £70 owed and if nothing comes of the recent contact that topcashback are making with yourselves regarding my claim then I shall be going to the ombudsman.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Laura86

I've replied to you over here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bartsips

This is resolved, thank you for your help!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear that @bartsips

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet