Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback declined

FIXED
jamilakram
Hooked

Topcashback declined

Hello.

Seems that I am not alone with this issue: I have logged in to Topcashback today and noticed that my cashback had been declined by Plusnet.

I see no good reason for this to have happened. I am a brand new customer, no issues with my account and I signed up through topcashback.

I have seen that you have been able to confirm for other users that things should have tracked ok. Can I request that you check for me too please?

I have already lodged a ticket with topcashback.

Also, can you let me know who to contact if the cashback remains declined?

Thanks
24 REPLIES 24
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Topcashback declined

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your cashback has been declined. It's tracking correctly on our side, we can see you signed up via TopCashBack. Can you let us know when you get a response from the ticket you've raised?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Craigalex40
Hooked

I've just received a declined notice from top cashback too, I've just lodged an appeal with them so hopefully it will be resolved. The cashback was a big part of why I chose plusnet over various others.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Craigalex40 We can see your account was created via TopCashBack.

Let us know how it goes with the appeal you've raised.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Craigalex40
Hooked

So far they haven't even been in touch. The new service is supposed to be going live on Wednesday so I guess they have till Tuesday to sort out for me to still be able to halt the whole thing.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm sure we'll be able to get your cashback sorted for you as we can definitely see you signed up on a cashback offer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamilakram
Hooked

I will post back. Topcashback have said they will send my claim over to plusnet in the next batch, whenever that is. But, with the confirmation above that we have tracked as going through TCB, I'm sure it will all get sorted.

Generally I would give plusnet a thumbs up. Signed up since May/June time and I've had no probs. Better value than others too I think
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update, keep us posted!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Craigalex40
Hooked

I wanted to get this sorted prior to Wednesday so that I knew the offer was going ahead before plusnet took over but...
I just spent 40mins on hold waiting to get through to customer services, to be told by the woman who answered that she would transfer me to the correct department, 15 mins later and someone answered who had no idea what I was taking about. Explained again and she informed me that there is no cash back offer and that as far as she can tell I'm getting nothing.
Loving the award winning customer service so far...
So, now so I let it go and be taken for a complete mug, or cancel the plan and come Wednesday have no phone or internet?!

Certainly won't be recommending the service to anyone either way!
Not a happy customer, and I'm not even really a customer yet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As I've previously advised,

I'm sure we'll be able to get your cashback sorted for you as we can definitely see you signed up on a cashback offer.

But you'll need to raise a claim with the affiliate you signed up with.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Craigalex40
Hooked

A claim has been raised, apparently plusnet won't look at it again for 30 days though and your colleague just told me I wasn't on a cash back offer... So who do I believe? Or I should just trust in the non legally binding 'sure' of a wizard in the internet?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The agent you spoke to was looking at the cashbacks offered directly through us instead of checking the affiliate tracker. 😕

Sorry for the confusion caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Craigalex40
Hooked

Well gandalf, is been weeks now and still no sign of the cash back that was a huge part of why I went with plusnet.
For anyone reading reading this, if your considering plusnet because of a topcashback offer... Don't.
jamilakram
Hooked

I'm still waiting too, impatiently. Topcashback sent my missing cashback claim to plusnet on 5/9/17 - no response yet.

Gandalf, I know you have said this matter will get sorted, but can you let us know how common a problem this and perhaps give us some reassurance by letting us know if there are previous instances where other customers have eventually got their cash back? Also, how long do plusnet take responding to missing cashback claims?
Craigalex40
Hooked

I doubt it's a coincidence that it's just appeared in my account so thanks gandalf.
It shouldn't be this painful though.