Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topcashback Plusnet Cashback Declined

V37UC21E
Hooked

Topcashback Plusnet Cashback Declined

Hello,

I signed up for Plusnet via Topcashback and the cashback tracked correctly as £50 Pending.

This morning I’ve noticed the cashback is declined. The transfer is progressing and I see no reason for this.

I’ve raised a declined cashback claim and ticket with Topcashback and am waiting a response.

My 14 day cooling off period ends 10th September. Without the cashback the cost is the same as my existing supplier. If this cannot be resolved in the next few days I’ll cancel my order and remain with my existing supplier which being out of contract, I can move from at any time.

I’ve noticed that other customers have had issues with Plusnet declining cashback.

Please advise

14 REPLIES 14
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Topcashback Plusnet Cashback Declined

Hi there.

Sorry to hear your cashback has been declined.

I believe it can take some time for the claim to be processed by TCB, usually up to 30 days. However, I've checked our affiliate tracker and we can see your account was created through TopCashBack.

I hope this helps puts your mind at rest.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
V37UC21E
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your reply, which is encouraging. But it’s disconcerting that the status changed from ‘Pending’ to ‘Declined’ without explanation.

However, on reading TCB customer comments about Plusnet, others that had their cashback declined were eventually paid.

So I’ll continue with the order and update this thread with the eventual outcome of my claim.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Some cashbacks were incorrectly declined which we've since resolved and approved. This is likely the fallout of that, and TopCashBack may just need a nudge to let them know it's been approved.

Keep us posted on this. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
V37UC21E
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

For information: On the 13/09/17 my phone line and broadband service transferred to Plusnet.

No problems with the transfer or broadband service so far.

I’ve kept TCB updated, so I’m just waiting now on the result of the cashback claim.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
V37UC21E
Hooked

Update: Received a TCB email on 27/09 informing they’ve submitted my missing cashback claim to Plusnet Broadband.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update, let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
V37UC21E
Hooked

Update: On 2/10/17 the Plusnet cashback status changed from declined to confirmed, which is encouraging.

I’ll post again if and when it becomes payable.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's a good sign. Thumbs_Up

Keep us in the loop.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sammy

I'm having the same problem, my £50 cashback via TCB has been declined twice even though plusnet sent email to me confirming my eligibility on 7 September. I'm stuck as tcb just keep generating standard messages saying it has been declined and they will approach the merchant which can take 90 days grrrr. Let me know if you manage to sort it

Sammy

Btw I also had the same reply from Anoush but it declined a second time with tcb

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear your cashback has been declined again @Sammy

I've sent your account details over to my line manager to investigate with our marketing team

As soon as I hear back I'll let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
V37UC21E
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

On 10/10/17 the Plusnet cashback status changed from confirmed to payable, and I received the £50 on 12/10/17. Consequently, I’ve closed the TCB claim and ticket.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Hopefully these posts will be of help to others.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Success! Thanks for getting back to us to confirm @V37UC21E

No problems, let us know if you need any further assistance in the future

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet