Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired Of Being Fleeced... Leaving PlusNet

ThreeSixteenAE
Dabbler

Tired Of Being Fleeced... Leaving PlusNet

Hello,

Been a subscriber for a long time. I moved away briefly to another provider which got bought out by SKY and I moved back to PlusNet again. I did the whole Fibre upgrade and I've been on my current package for years. I've tried several times to get the price of my package reviewed as 'new customer' deals got cheaper and cheaper, and somewhere along the way I think my package got orphaned in your customer support system, so that even though your system tells me that I can have a better deal for renewing my contract if I follow the link when I log in, the only package it can find is one which is a serious downgrade to what I already have, and it ultimately gives me no option for change.

Over the years you've taken away trouble tickets, and I've tried a dozen times across the last few months (which I understand, you don't have staff and access etc.etc.) as I look to save myself some money... But I either get no reply, or I get sent in circles, or warned by other former subscribers that 'new contract' pricing is for new customers and we loyal customers get rewarded for our loyalty with paying over 40% more than new customers do.

Which, of course, reminds me that we should all be leaving all our utility providers at the end of each contract term in order to get the best rates...

So that's what I've been looking at  - alternative providers with better deals.

I've got SKY banging my door down for a great deal, since I left their television service two months ago and all of their best offers for retention involved me taking phone and broadband with them...

I love the trouble-free broadband that I get with you over fibre, and I love the StaticIP and the reverse DNS that I use, but all of that can be replicated elsewhere in one way or another, and I'm genuinely miffed that I'm currently paying on average £51 a month for an unlimited fibre broadband connection, line rental, an anytime call package and 100 minutes of mobile calls, when you're advertising much better deals which include line rental to new customers who, ultimately, create more drain on the resources that I'm paying a premium for. I don't like subsidising other users, and I've now asked four times via the only available support channels that you have working  for a new contract deal...

If that's not possible, please tell me what I need to migrate away. I can get a better deal just by moving to John Lewis. That seems crazy to me... Surely it takes more work to terminate an old account and set up new accounts than it does to just work out a better contract.

I'm sorely tempted to sacrifice my static IP for a Dynamic IP alias and just go with SKY for really good money...

Would you like to try to keep me?

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Tired Of Being Fleeced... Leaving PlusNet

@ThreeSixteenAE 

The trick is to find a cheaper deal then ring Plusnet. There select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. After the agent makes you a silly offer ask if they will match the deal that you have found. You might well get an acceptable offer.

Also update to the current anytime phone calls package, which includes mobile calls.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ThreeSixteenAE
Dabbler

Re: Tired Of Being Fleeced... Leaving PlusNet

I could give that a lash...

Thanks.