cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timescale for a new account?

God
Grafter

Timescale for a new account?

A friend of mine is starting a business and will be getting a referral Plusnet package. He is moving in to a small industrial unit where there are installed but so far unused lines.
BT are going to activate the voice lines and issue numbers shortly.
If he places an order with Plusnet as soon as they are active how long will it take for BB to start working? I was wondering if it would take longer because it has never been used for BB before?
Also will there be an extra charge for it to be BB enabled?
Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Timescale for a new account?

It will be a standard activation change if they are normal analogue lines.
Time frame may slightly differ, but only very slightly.
Because the records to reflect the line is active are often delayed compared to the physical installation, it may be upto 5 working days standard install, plus no more than 48 hours after the physical install.
BT will often perform a line test after the line install. This is standard practice. However, as the line is usable when the engineer leaves, they put them in a queue, as for PSTN reasons, they are not critical.
The queue does however hold up the records from showing the line is active.
My suggestion, give the engineer a few hours to submit his notes after the installation is complete and call BT. Ask them to close off the order, performing the needed test.
Don't accept the "we can't do this". We routinely ask customer to do this, some getting told not possible, but all getting it done in the end Cheesy
God
Grafter

Re: Timescale for a new account?

Thanks for that Phil.