cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Times running out for cashback (can one of the staff reply)

FIXED
morgan24
Dabbler

Times running out for cashback (can one of the staff reply)

I still have not got an email for my £75 cashback offer and time is running out please can you look into this for me i went live on the 9/3/20

3 REPLIES 3
longtime_user
Hooked

Re: Times running out for cashback (can one of the staff reply)

I am not staff, but I queried the £75 cashback.

This advert states £22.99 fibre for 18 months and £75 cashback (or words to that effect)

https://www.plus.net/deals/unlimited-fibre/line-only/2021fib4004a0rc75aff/?utm_source=awin&utm_mediu...

Even though the advert states (in the "Legal bit") that the package is for new customers only, I received the £22.99 fibre deal but NOT the £75 cash back even though I was not a new customer.

Upon questioning the discrepancy (i.e. allowed to pay them £22.99 for fibre, but Plusnet not giving me the £75) I was told the deal was for NEW customers only.

I said I was not a new customer, but was given the £22.99 fibre deal (partly), so why was I not given rest of deal (£75 CASHBACK).

Just ended going around in circles.

I have been told I would receive a renewal notice before contract ends. I never receive one. 

I am about to open a new thread about this because an elderly friend received no notification, their contract ended in January and they have been paying £12 per month extra for no benefit BECAUSE they did not know the contract ended. Customer services said the renewal was not sent out because the customer was on a 'self monitoring contract' or something. Sounded very dodgy excuse for taking £60 extra in six months for no added value.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @morgan24 I've looked into your cashback query and I've added details of this onto a support ticket you can view by going here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201237259

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

@longtime_user we can't always provide cashback upon a renewal however if you would like to discuss your renewal further with us I'd recommend contacting our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and they'll be happy to have a chat with you. I'm looking into the issues you've raised in the other thread and I'll respond there shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
longtime_user
Hooked

@Gandalf

Thank you for reply. Already talked to two customer service agents with no luck.

It appears there is no reward for loyalty, but the £75 is an incentive for new customers. (Why they would need an incentive for a good deal - such as the £22.99 for 36Mbs - I do not know.)  As soon as I saw the deal I opted for it and told my elderly friend.  Will be re-thinking my recommendations fro now on perhaps.

I was with Plusnet for many many years because of the value added supplied compared to other companies with a short sabbatical to a different company until their faults emerged and I am back with Plusnet for now. Plusnet used to stand head and shoulders above all other suppliers for service and integrity; I hope it does not diminish.

Obviously pays to shop around rather than remain loyal to a company.

Interesting to note that it is law since Feb 2020 to give out end of contract notices (implying it is the correct and moral thing to do)  whereas Plusnet did not give these out to anyone with a contract beginning before Aug 2018 and my elderly friend has been out of contract for 5 months unknowingly and paid £60 for no added value and was told (essentially) 'tough luck' (that was how it felt as well).  He is now paying £22.99 for fibre 36Mbs, but has just received an email stating his expected download speed will be 11-15Mbs, guaranteed speed of 9.5Mbs (and he already achieves that speed without fibre!) 

Where is the 36Mbs average?

Way of the world perhaps...