cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three time my migration has been cancelled by Plusnet

jac59

Three time my migration has been cancelled by Plusnet

I have tried to migrate the broadband away from Plusnet on 15th august 2016 and on 13th september I  received  an email from plusnet stating.

Thanks for deciding to stay with Plusnet.

Your request to move your Home Phone product away has now been cancelled.

This email confirms that your transfer has been stopped and that your Home Phone product won't be changed.

You don't need to do anything and you will continue to be billed for your service as usual."

I have not or anyone else in my household cancelled the migration.

My activation with Vodafone broadband was due to be live on 27th september so thought it was a mistake by plusnet as I didnt receive anything from vodafone to say that it had been cancelled.

After waiting on 27th sept and getting nothing , I rang Vodafone to clarify and they confirmed that it had been cancelled by Plusnet.

I rang Plusnet (waited for the NORMAL 45 mins for someone to answer ) and was told that plusnet havent cancelled it as they cannot see or amend the order and just have to adhere to the request to let it leave.

I rang vodafone ( 30 mins wait) and they advised that Plusnet are not releasing the personal line number whch I wanted to retain and until I ask for them to release it ,

I rang Plusnet again (40 mins) and they advised me that they would never retain any line numbers.

I rang Vodafone (35mins) and on 28th sept they put a new order in .

Guess what ?  

On 29th September two more emails from plusnet:

Thanks for deciding to stay with Plusnet.

Your request to move your Home Phone product away has now been cancelled.

This email confirms that your transfer has been stopped and that your Home Phone product won't be changed.

You don't need to do anything and you will continue to be billed for your service as usual.

On 30th sept spent 3 hours again on phone back and forth eventually  and got through to [CSA Removed]. I advised her that I am recording the conversation. who wrote in the member centre:

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations
10:28am, Friday 30 Sep 2016
Customer called to see why he had received an email saying that we are happy he is staying with us, when in fact he is wanting to leave us to move to Vodafone Broadband.
He wants to know why this email was received by him and why the order to move hasn't gone through.

I have informed him that Vodafone need to process an order that we will accept, we would never say no to a customer leaving us as they are in there own rights.

Also the customer would like to retain the number, I have informed the customer that Vodafone need to place an order to retain this number from us.

He also told me that he was recording the call, I stated that I wasn't happy about this and that in my own rights I could terminate this call, but that I wanted to try and resolve this for him if I could.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Contacted vodafone again  on 30th sept (40mins) and talked her through the order bit by bit and clarified everything.

Guess what?Huh

another two emails received today 3rd oct advising thank you for deciding to stay etc etc.

rang tonight  3rd oct and spoke to [CSA Removed] who advised:

Per our conversation,  We will call Openreach tomorrow to find out why the orders from Vodafone who are trying to take over the service with your permission - keep on cancelling.  Should you have any problems then please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 or you can raise a ticket http://contactus.plus.net.  Kind regards,  [CSA Removed] 
he also sent notes to memeber centre:

internal - last eu had with the same issue was because the gaining provider was placing a number import check but not actually placing the order in full - a import check will auto cancel after 7 days

Kind regards,
[CSA Removed]

For once I would like to be rang by Plusnet instead of me having to chase this. It is demoralising, draining and very costly for me in Time and lost revenue from work.
I am sick and tired of the whole account and if this is not resolved by 10pm on 4th october we will be cancelling our direct debit with plusnet. You have been duly notified.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA names removed as per Forum rules.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Three time my migration has been cancelled by Plusnet

I'm afraid that this is not something we're doing. Your new provider aren't placing the order correctly so they are simply timing out.

With the type of order they are placing there are 2 main stages to this:

1. Number import check - this is a very fast check to see if the number can be transferred over to the new provider.

2. Place the order if the number import check is successful. This needs to happen within 7 days of the number import check.

Your new provider are doing part 1, but not part 2. The number import checks time out after 7 days, which is why you're receiving the notifications from ourselves.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Three time my migration has been cancelled by Plusnet

Just a thought:  Would it not be quicker, not to say less stressful, to forget about keeping your old number, and spend the time telling all your contacts your new number rather than on the phone to Plusnet and Vodafone?