Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought i was on 12 month contract ?

FIXED
nikkih72
Dabbler

Thought i was on 12 month contract ?

Took out contract last Sept, found that the upload speeds were ridiculous, so had to upgrade to a higher download to get a better upload speed, even tho we get the lowest download speeds, went to not renew our contract to find out we still have 10 months of 18 month contract!!!!! So when we changed in January it started a new contract and it was a 18 month one..  i never take out 18 month contracts !!!!! really not happy,  i did not know agree to a new contract ? What can i do, i no longer want the service. And unfair contract 

15 REPLIES 15
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Thought i was on 12 month contract ?

Standard at PN, though not it's parent.
When your new contract started you'll have been sent an e mail from ( PN)
detailing length amongst other things.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From looking at your account we can see that the 18 month contract was agreed when you upgraded your fibre package. This ticket was left on your account at the time: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=142006165

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nikkih72
Dabbler

I would not of agreed for 18 month contract, and we had to go for the higher download to get a better upload,, we don't even get 30mb to our line, but are paying for 78,.I really am not happy, anything I can do about it ? 

we are moving away form UK, and can't even transfer this to another property as we ae touring the world, i was expecting a easy cancellation when i logged on yesterday, and now find i have 10 months left which is gonna cost over £150 to change

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If this was a straightforward upgrade via the portal , as opposed to renegotiating a new deal, then I thought it had been established here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Query-about-upgrading-account/m-p/1467669 that it did NOT start a new contract

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nikkih72
Dabbler

we were disgusted at our upload speed as we couldn't even send pictures via email, so called them many times asking what was going on, it was much worse than our previous supplier, they told us the upload speed was slow as we were on the low download speed ( 30mb deal i think ) they told us we had to pay for the higher download service to get a better upload speed, no where was we told it was a new contract of 18 months, our old contract was 12 months which started sept 16 , thats why i logged on yesterday to end contract to find i still had 10 months left !!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about the delay. I've discussed this with my manager and as a gesture of goodwill we're happy to write off the contract you and waive the early termination fees.

Please note that a cessation charge of £30 may still be applicable if your service isn't transferred to another provider that uses BT equipment at the exchange. More info can be found on the link above.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nikkih72
Dabbler

Thank you very much.
How do I go about cancelling our order. Do we give 4 weeks notice ?
If so how do I do this ?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
No problems at all. We’d just need 14 days notice and I’d advise giving our customer options team a quick call tomorrow on 0800 013 2632 (option 1 then 2).
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nikkih72
Dabbler

Thank you gandalf, you have been a star. Is it on my account about the goodwill gesture ?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep I left an internal note, and I also removed the contract too. Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nikkih72
Dabbler

Thank you 😁🤗
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, happy to help.

Enjoy your touring, just out of interest what countries do you have planned to go to?

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nikkih72
Dabbler

Starting in Brazil and see where it takes us. We are going start Ocrober So will call next week to sort out a day for everything to end if that's ok.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Starting in Brazil and see where it takes us. We are going start Ocrober

Sounds like it's going to be epic, though I've never been to that area of the world before. Enjoy!

I'm off to New Zealand next year for a month which I'm really looking forward to.

So will call next week to sort out a day for everything to end if that's ok.

That's cool, if you contact us on the number/options above you should get through quite speedily.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet