Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of upgrading

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thinking of upgrading

I'm on teleworker and thinking of upgrading to business option one with phone. I got stung last night with a 1gig extra added even though when I left work I was under my 2gig limit  Angry obviously my last couple of hours hadn't been added yet so got in this morning to an email saying PN added 1gig more usage but I had been reset, money down the drain but what the hey.
Looking at my setup up now phone with BT BB with PN for £3 cheaper PM I can get both from PN which gives me 8gig more usage I will never use but protects me from the same thing happening again. BTW off topic but same as some other posters I have noticed that some usage gets logged when there is no physical chance of the internet being used. I am the only person with keys to this place and everything is powered down when I leave but sometimes I notice usage on days when I'm not here  Shocked it's only minimal but when you JUST go over your limit the day before reset it makes that pill just a little bit harder to swallow.
Anyway couple of questions about upgrading, firstly will I keep everything I have already regaring voip number, fax, phone number?
Secondly on the subject of referrals, my business refferal goes to my personal account so will there be any changes there? And finally the free router, I'm happy with the one I use now but could do with one for home so will I be able to do that without problems?
I have just been reading a post where using a different router was logging usage to another account so I guess if it has the right details in that shouldn't happen right?
I wish I knew about this at the time, when I was getting near my limit at work I could have brought my router down from home for a couple of days  Roll_eyes
15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Thinking of upgrading

Hi AWB,
Please let me know if you want to initiate the move over to business option 1, it would make a lot of sense if you are exceeding the 2gb allocation for Teleworker, its a bit of a no-brainier really. Give me a shout and I'll take care of it for you.
Anyway couple of questions about upgrading, firstly will I keep everything I have already regarding voip number, fax, phone number?

Everything but fax2email by default, but I will speak to our developers to see if we can find a workaround if that proves to be a big problem for you.
Secondly on the subject of referrals, my business refferal goes to my personal account so will there be any changes there? And finally the free router, I'm happy with the one I use now but could do with one for home so will I be able to do that without problems?

No problems in either case, referral values are the same so no change there. Plus you're quite welcome to use the free router at home.
I have just been reading a post where using a different router was logging usage to another account so I guess if it has the right details in that shouldn't happen right?

That can happen when routers ordered against one particular PN account are used on another as once plugged in the serial number for the router links it to the account it was ordered on. Best thing to do is PM me so I can switch these around on the accounts and avoid that issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Adam, slightly different answers than from the support ticket who said nothing was a problem. I thought there would be issues TBH after reading some other posts.
Definitely interested in swapping over, the fax would be handy if there's something you can do about it. It doesn't get lots of use these days other than some of our smaller builders we do work for but I have lots of stationary with it already printed on.
Regarding the router I have a one port at home which was originally for my business account, it's no use at home really as I need the wireless so bought one off ebay to put me on.  I would use the new one at home and keep the one port for a spare at work so would need them set up for the correct accounts.
Let me know if  you can sort things out Adam, being pestered on the phone by XLN at the moment with a pretty similar deal but I have had two PN accounts for many years and no problems so when it comes to my business I don't really want it in the hands of some unknowns. It's a little bit cheaper but the voip and fax are coming more and more handy and worth the little bit more.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

AverageWhiteBloke,
Not a problem,
Thanks Adam, slightly different answers than from the support ticket who said nothing was a problem. I thought there would be issues TBH after reading some other posts.

I'll address this with the agent(s) who replied to you. I'm confident in what I've advised as my previous role here at PN as as a senior agent on the business support team.
Just give me a nod and I'll schedule the account change for you.
Adam.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Adam Appreciated  Smiley
Not a problem

Does that mean I can keep the fax?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

AWB,
Yes, I've found out how to retain that on the new account type. Can I just ask you to raise a ticket requesting this then reply here with the ID (just so I can keep the request accountable).
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ok I will do, may be a stupid question because I'm not sure whether it's the phone or the account it's on but I divert calls to my mobile from the landline when I'm out of the office, is this something I need to pay for?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

AverageWhiteBloke,
Yes, we charge £2.50 to add this as a call feature. There's an FAQ about our business phone services available here if this helps: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/business_phone/ give me a shout when you've raised your ticket.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Darnit there goes my saving. Grin
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Just to clarify Adam am I using the change product in member centre than raising a ticket or should I be raising a ticket to do the whole process?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No, please raise a ticket, otherwise you may lose your fax number. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can't see a ticket on the account yet, drop me a PM when you've raised one.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Finally got round to it ticket ID 36466473
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers,
I've actioned your request and have replied to your ticket.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I have emailed BT regarding getting out of the phone contract so will let you know how I get on monday. Seems like their extracting the urine a bit  Angry I had a look though there new phone line FAQ and it states that if there is wiring and a BT box with a dial tone, which there was I'm even sure I posted about it in here at the time that there would be no fee for installation but if there is no dial tone or it has been disconnected for non payment of a bill there is a set fee of £29.99
BT are now saying I need to pay them £109.00 to cancel even though I have been with them for 3 years already, Bad Crack  Angry The most annoying thing is that they actually owe me money at the moment. I get charged £20 PM which is something they set and review so If I use more or less they adjust the direct debit but I never use the calls I do it all through VOIP so they owe me £3 quid every bill which I guess there keeping hold of just in case I actually start using the phone  Roll_eyes