Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of upgrading to fibre

woober
Grafter

Thinking of upgrading to fibre

Hi all.

I'm currently 11 months into an 18 month contract for broadband & phone with PN. My current package details in my account are unlimited broadband (contracted) £9.99, line rental £18.99 and weekend/evening calls £4.00, making a total of £32.98. I pay £23 per month for this.

I have looked at changing my product in my account, but don't want to get tied into changing things on there till I'm sure what I'm changing and I don't have the patience for the current 40 minute wait on the phone lines. If I change to fibre this is £14.99 per month, what would my new monthly bill be? Would I keep the original discount? Would the new deal run for the 7 months of my old contract or would it start a new 18 month contract.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Thinking of upgrading to fibre

Have you tried the Customer Options Team (COT) on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving)?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

woober
Grafter

No, not yet. I didn't have a spare hour this afternoon to wait for an advisor to become available.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Generally the queue for the customer options  team is much shorter than for Customer Services.A new contract will be involved when upgrading to fibre; the existing one along with its discounts would be cancelled. Normally it is worth seining what COT can offer; would you consider a discounted offer for a 24 month contract?

David
woober
Grafter

I would consider a 2 year deal, but only if it had a minimum speed guarantee with it. I've checked with BT for availability and they say at my address I'd get 40mbps min, that would be great but from what I've heard from neighbours very, very optimistic.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

What does this show for you @woober ?

woober
Grafter

I'll check that one too. Why do BT have multiple speed testers?

woober
Grafter

dsl.PNG

Like I said before, I know these figures are optimistic but I'm hoping fibre will be better than the 0.4mbps I currently get on broadband.

woober
Grafter

Am I reading that correctly that BT are saying there is fibre to property available? If so they are wrong.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

That is FTTP on Demand, which can be very expensive as it will require digging in from the nearest access point - and is not something that PN provide.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi woober.

Looking at your speed estimates, going to fibre would be a big jump in speed.

I too would recommend getting in touch with Customer Options on 0800 013 2632. At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet