cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of switching.

JohnNewman
Hooked

Thinking of switching.

I've been with Plusnet for quite a few years now and have had no major problems. I've just received the usual email to say my Line Rental Saver is due for renewal in September. As far as I can see this will cost £197.88 which is the equivalent of £16.49 a month and my unlimited fibre package will now cost £20.99 a month which has recently increased from £17.99 a month. So my monthly cost will now be £37.48 a month.

I know it's a perennial complaint but new customers can get the same package for £23.99 a month. I'd be delighted to stop with Plusnet but over 50% extra for being a loyal customer seems to be taking the Mickey somewhat!

So it seems to be reasonable to look at a switch (which is something I've just done with my utilities bill and saved myself quite a bit) and my query really is if anyone has any suggestions. I'm with EE for my mobile phone and they seem to have some good offers but any other thoughts would be welcome. My usage is mainly broadband usage (i.e. not bothered about phone calls on the landline) so that's not an issue.

Thanks,

John.

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Thinking of switching.

@JohnNewman

An independent list of deals can be found on the ispreview web site https://www.ispreview.co.uk/list.shtml

As good as any as a starting point.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@JohnNewman

If you are happy with the service you are currently getting, I'd suggest you investigate what other deals are available and then call the PlusNet Customer Options team to discuss what deal they can do. You may be pleasantly surprised, whilst it may not be exactly the same as new customers it can often be fairly close if you are happy to re-contract.

COT can be reached on 0800 013 2632
Hours:
Opening
Monday - Friday 8AM-8PM
Saturday - 9AM-7PM
Sunday - 9AM-6PM

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi John and welcome to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you're thinking about switching, I'd also recommend giving our customer options guys a quick call on 0800 013 2632 as I'm sure we'll be able to offer you a new deal which may not be exactly the same as an introductory new customer offer but it'll be close as @MisterW has said as our retention offers are competitive.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JohnNewman
Hooked

Thanks very much to yourself and @MisterW I gave the team a ring and, without going into the details, had a good chat with a very helpful gentleman and we agreed new terms for 24 months.

Pleased to say I'll be stopping with Plusnet, which is pleasing as I've been with them for a good few years now.

Thanks again folks,

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear you're sticking with us John. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you ever need anything else from us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet