cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving

KS25
Grafter

Thinking of leaving

Hello, i received the price increase email today with the common increase of £1.

In this email there is a deal for existing customers if we choose to stay, the deal states "up to 38mb for £27.50" with uploads of up to 9.5mb, but i'm already getting up to 52/9.4 for £29.99, this isn't a great deal to me despite being slightly cheaper, since Virgin is currently offering up to 100/6 for £29 a month.

Can someone clear up how Plusnet think this is a cracking deal that would make customers stay?

3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 486

Re: Thinking of leaving

Hi there.

As you're on the legacy speed profile of 55/10, it doesn't look like the price refresh e-mail you've received takes into account of this because the account type would still be Unlimited Fibre (Whether it's 40/10 or 55/10).

We'd have moved your service onto 55/10 a few years ago (Mid-2015 if memory serves me right) when we discontinued the 40/20 service you were on, as this was the closest alternative.

The offer you've received would be based on our current package of Unlimited Fibre (40/10).

If you would like to discuss a new deal on 55/10 I'd recommend contacting our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and we'll see what we can do for you. Alternatively we'll be happy to arrange a call back if you would like?

Anoush

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
KS25
Grafter

I see, sorry for the passive aggressiveness then, i thought something seemed off about the email content.

Why are the stated speeds all over the place? It's confusing at the best of times.

I appreciate the offer of a callback but i have no time right now, i will phone plusnet myself some time in the next few days.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 486

No worries.

Why are the stated speeds all over the place?

We've only got 3 current residential packages (Up to 17mbps, up to 38mbps and up to 76mbps).

Apologies for the confusion surrounding the (For want of a better word) anomaly package you're on.

I appreciate the offer of a callback but i have no time right now, i will phone plusnet myself some time in the next few days.

No problems.

Anoush

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team