cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving

KS25
Grafter

Thinking of leaving

Hello, i received the price increase email today with the common increase of £1.

In this email there is a deal for existing customers if we choose to stay, the deal states "up to 38mb for £27.50" with uploads of up to 9.5mb, but i'm already getting up to 52/9.4 for £29.99, this isn't a great deal to me despite being slightly cheaper, since Virgin is currently offering up to 100/6 for £29 a month.

Can someone clear up how Plusnet think this is a cracking deal that would make customers stay?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Thinking of leaving

Hi there.

As you're on the legacy speed profile of 55/10, it doesn't look like the price refresh e-mail you've received takes into account of this because the account type would still be Unlimited Fibre (Whether it's 40/10 or 55/10).

We'd have moved your service onto 55/10 a few years ago (Mid-2015 if memory serves me right) when we discontinued the 40/20 service you were on, as this was the closest alternative.

The offer you've received would be based on our current package of Unlimited Fibre (40/10).

If you would like to discuss a new deal on 55/10 I'd recommend contacting our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and we'll see what we can do for you. Alternatively we'll be happy to arrange a call back if you would like?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KS25
Grafter

I see, sorry for the passive aggressiveness then, i thought something seemed off about the email content.

Why are the stated speeds all over the place? It's confusing at the best of times.

I appreciate the offer of a callback but i have no time right now, i will phone plusnet myself some time in the next few days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries.

Why are the stated speeds all over the place?

We've only got 3 current residential packages (Up to 17mbps, up to 38mbps and up to 76mbps).

Apologies for the confusion surrounding the (For want of a better word) anomaly package you're on.

I appreciate the offer of a callback but i have no time right now, i will phone plusnet myself some time in the next few days.

No problems.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet