Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of changing bit confused.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thinking of changing bit confused.

I'm currently on Pro Legacy and thinking of swapping or possibly cancelling. I've looked in the member centre at product change to see what's currently available. There doesn't seem to be an option for value pro, am I right in assuming that if I changed to value pro the only thing I would lose is 10gig of allowance but as far as my voip account and co.uk web site that everything will stay the same?
I notice that my exchange is also market 3 so value pro should be £11.49 so this raises another question should I be billed at £20.99 for my current product PlusNet Broadband Your Way Pro ?
11 REPLIES 11
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Thinking of changing bit confused.

the only packages that have varible market prices are the current two, Value and Extra
and yes you keep the goodies from your current package
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There isn't an option for Value Pro or Extra Pro because these are not standalone products. Pro is now an add-on that can be selected at any time and takes effect within minutes. A pro-rata charge is applied on the next bill for the remaining part of the current month. Apart from the expected speeds and traffic management being different all other features of the underlying account remain the same.
Since you are in a low cost area would Extra at £16.49 per month with its 60GB allowance be of interest?
So if you want to move to Value or Extra with the Pro add-on you move to plain Value or Extra, then once it's active (next billing date) select the Pro add-on via the website.
David
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Getting more confused  Undecided
Ok looking at some packages that might be worth changing too from PN anyway and I must be missing something here.
Firstly looking at my present bill, according to the member centre I'm on Pro 20gig allowance which inclusive of vat should be £19.99 plus I get 30p for recommending my business account so how comes £20.69 is taken from my bank? I have also noticed that on two occasions £21.99 was taken Oct and Nov this year but that vat change wasn't until January I think. Checking the user group comparison my market 3 exchange says £16.49 for my product so is the comparison tool out of date?
What PN has to offer currently and something that may fit into my needs usage wise would probably be value broadband and phone £18.48 inc vat with the pro add on £5. If the pro add on is inclusive of vat thats £23.48 minus my 30p referral money equates to me getting the same package as I'm on now but with phone included for £23.18 pm. Does that sound about right? The only loss I can see there is 10 gig of peak time usage but looking back over my history the only time I went over the 10 gig was when the playstation network went back up and I downloaded all my freebies.
Adding BB extra instead of value, leaving off the pro and weekend calls comes to the same price so in a way off setting some usage against speed.
Any other advantages/disadvantages I should be aware of?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Generic Included One Pound Domain charges is how the extra £1 is shown on my invoices.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yep, check your invoices AWB for a breakdown. Also going for value and phone is a better offer, you just need to make sure that 100% suits your requirements first.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ahh that could possibly be the reason behind it, it is not itemised separately in my invoicing. Should it be separate? When I think about it I'm nearly sure that when I first started with PN many moons ago 1 co.uk domain was included free in the package and I also got another one for free when something went wrong with PN and they gave it out as a way of apologising. How would I check that out it was a long time ago.
Maybe at some point they started charging me the £1 when I swapped onto the pro  Undecided looking at LLU operators in my area who appear to be getting faster download speeds for my postcode PN seems to be on average £4 more expensive so I guess leaving off the the pro add on would bring me back like for like money wise but with a more reliable isp.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

PN prices always used to include the 'free' £1 domain - you could opt out of the domain and have a £1 reduction. After they stopped including this, any existing users with 'free' domains moving to a new product where the domain was not included in the price would pay £1 extra.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Checked the invoices indeed it is for the domain. I think I have only changed products once before from some legacy one to the pro package. I think I need to shuffle things about here a bit and probably needs to speak to sales at PN. I have pro at home with two domains registered to it, a personal website which I don't use and my business one which I do. I also have a PN business account which doesn't have a free domain  Crazy
The option I think will suit me best would be value with pro add on. I only lose some un-needed usage and save £7, but having said that is there much of a noticeable between the pro add on and switching to extra. I mainly console game at home and stream on demand players. All of my downloads are mainly updates for consoles and the games, very little if any p2p.
Ideally I would want unrestricted speeds anytime, not that fussed about usage and keep everything I have now regarding voip, domain for my house.
Business same as I have now including fax 2 email, voip but could do with the business domain on this account. Hopefully some one at PN can advise me on it.
Ultimately the point of the exercise is to save a few quid, paying too much for all entertainment these days Sky TV items are also going. I can probably gain a few quid by refreshing products. Trying to make as little impact as I can on what I have already but things have to go, I currently pay £70 pm on entertainment between TV,Phone and BB no need really.
I'd prefer to stay with PN's track record but most deals seem to come from bundled stuff on LLU providers.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
Business same as I have now including fax 2 email, voip but could do with the business domain on this account. Hopefully some one at PN can advise me on it.

There'd be no problem moving the domain to the business account as it's your business domain that's paid for. It'd be free to do so as well and wouldn't take us long.
The only issue is that the webspace on the biz account is 100Mb with 100Mb bandwidth daily, as opposed to the 250/250 on the residential account. If that's no issue then let us know and we'll get it moved (it's just as easy to move back if it doesn't work out with the smaller limits btw)
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that matt I will probably do that, I will need to find out what I'm currently using if there's a way in the member centre. It's just a shop front type site with nothing to download so I guess I won't be using much.
Also going for value and phone is a better offer

Is there a price difference between taking just value on it's own and bundling it with the phone?
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ok without the ability to look back through my usage history any longer than 3months I'm thinking that value with the pro add on will probably fit the bill. In effect I would just lose my other 10gig usage which I don't generally use to the tune of being £8.50 better off. It was debatable whether to go with Extra and get loads more usage. When I look at the shaping though it's hard to say whether it would affect console gaming  Undecided all the other limits don't really affect the way I use my broadband. There is some you tube use by my daughter at peak time but I guess it shouldn't be that adversely affected. I mainly stream tv and play consoles so my worry with the extra package is that with console gaming/downloading etc not being strictly classified as gaming traffic that the restrictions on sites, servers and other may come into effect.
What do you think of the logic behind that? Am I missing something here or not because I'm assuming that being the case that extra was not a good package to be on for the console player but I don't see any complaining. Or is the difference between full line speed and restricted negligible and not worth bothering about?
A few questions I'd like to check out before committing are...

• My legacy pro package shows £19.99 in both market 1 and 3, my exchange has just been de-regulated so are any plans to reduce the price of my current product

• Do I keep the voip, domain and everything I have now if switching to value

• If I exceed my usage can I buy more on this product

• is there any financial incentive to take phone with the broadband

• Is the pro add on £5 inc the vat

I look forward to your reply, it would seem to me that if alls good I can get like for like connection but only pay for the extra usage when I have too.  Undecided