Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Renewing - Account Options?

hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thinking of Renewing - Account Options?

We are out of contract and thinking of renewing but have a few questions.

Currently we have (Unlimited Fibre Extra + Evenings and Weekends Included) Which is now billed at £39.98 (Out of contract price)

The only offer I could get on live chat earlier was for £29.99 which is not so bad really Wink But...

When you consider that as a new customer you can get the same packages for £27.50

Plus you also get £85 cashback through topcashback which works out at £22.77 per month for 18 months.

Signing up as a new customer seems like the best option overall Smiley But I do wonder if there is a way plusnet could match the lower new customer price and save some of the hassle for plusnet and myself?

It would save sending out a new router, The engineer visiting the exchange, House and/or cabinet, All the hassle of setting up a new account and any other responsibilities that I am not currently aware of...

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Thinking of Renewing - Account Options?

@hollylizy 

It's very unlikely that Plusnet with allow you to sign up as a new customer.

The trick is to find the cheapest competitive deal then ring customer services and select the I'm thinking of leaving option. Quote the competitors price and ask for it to be matched. Don't accept the first offer if it's not good enough.

You'll not get anywhere quoting the new customer price.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

hollylizy
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I only meant that I would get my partner to sign up as a new customer Smiley Nothing fraudulent or anything like that, I'm sure that'll be allowed.

I did try to chat with someone through online chat about getting a good deal but got nowhere Sad 

Plusnet have been excellent for the last few years and we don't really want to leave but the difference between £20 for new customers and £39 for old customers out of contract is just criminal.

It seems to me there aren't many other competitive broadband providers around either.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I have advised how to get a better deal, it doesn't involve on line chat. Why not just try it, it could save you the hassle of changing ISP?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @hollylizy,

As @Baldrick1 has recommended, the best option would be to speak to our customer options team. They have access to our offers for existing customers and would be able to let you know what offers are available if you renew your contract, and you would then be able to make a decision from there. Their direct number is 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I wouldn't recommend that somebody else at your property signs up as a new customer as, due to the way it works with our suppliers, we would need to disconnect your services and then place an order to set up services under the new account. This could mean that you are without service for a few weeks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team