cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about an upgrade

Lou1

Thinking about an upgrade

Hi there
This is my first post on this forum- Its impossible to get through to the Call Centre at the moment so thought I would try on here.
This is the 2nd month in a row where I have not received a warning email about nearing my usage allowance on my broadband, pls can this be looked into and can someone advise me ?
And I am thinking about upgrading to Unlimited Broadband, can I confirm that my contract would carry on as normal and I would pay £9.99 per month?  Do you  ever have any  offers for  existing customers  to upgrade, considering the offers for new customers are so good at the moment, seems a bit unfair that a new customer would pay £2.75 for unlimited broadband and I would have to pay £9.99 for the same product?
Many thanks for your help
Louise
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Thinking about an upgrade

PM sent
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gnicholson8
Grafter

I'm guessing Jelvs PM may contain some of this but if not I'll put what I think you "could" do.
Firstly, if you have not received the E-mail regarding going over your usage and you've been charged for going over they can check this and I have seen people have the extra charges removed because of this.
Secondly, are you out of contract? if so get in touch with the customer options team, explain that you want to cancel and then sign up again for the new offer of £1.99 for unlimited broadband. I am sure they'll work something out by changing you on to that package.
Lou1

Thanks so much for your reply
Im not out of contract, thats my problem, im 9 months into a 12 month contract- have you ever known them to do a deal for an existing customer, still in contract?
I had one lot of charges refunded to me for October because they failed to email me the warning email  but same thing has happened this month!  Although I set my maximum spend at £0 so I wasn't actually charged for any extra allowance .
many thanks

Lou1

i mean i'm 3 months into a 12 month contract!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
This is a known issue which is being addressed - see here.
There is also an extensive thread on the issue here.

@Mods,
Is there merit in locking this thread, merging the above threads and making it sticky somewhere until this issue's fix is delivered?  Savings multiple threads being raised and managed and better informs / advises users.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.