cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Activitating your line" stage

jamoran86

The "Activitating your line" stage

So I placed my order with Plusnet on 06/05/2010, the date I was given for connection on the "Activating your line" stage was "15/05/2010 after 12 pm", which initially I thought was a long time but there's not much I can do but wait until then. But the 2 problems I have with this given date are;
a) To me 12pm = noon, this might mean midnight to others but I thought the common usage of 12pm was noon or midday. On 15/05 at ~1pm I still had no connection so I phoned the help line to ask on the status and they said that their 12pm is midnight, and I should wait until then but by the time I wake up tomorrow I should be connected.
b) The morning of 16/05 I get up, still no email or confirmation so I called the help line again. Now I'm told that the team who confirm whether my connection is ready to be activated don't work on Sundays and my connection won't be on until Monday.
Why do you give out activation "predictions" that you can't keep because the staff required to activate the line don't even work on this day? So now I have to wait until 17/05, 11 days after I placed my initial order, until I am connected? I've tried connecting up the router, everything appears to work, the internet light will even stay green for ~10 seconds before going red then reconnecting, which from what I've read on these forums means I'm good to go, I just need someone to flick the switch, yet they don't work on Sundays so I appear to be stuck!
Is there anything else I can do to get this going now / today?
Edit: Called again and told them I had synch and my account was activated 10 mins later, cheers for the assistance!
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: The "Activitating your line" stage

Welcome to the forum jamoran86.
Unless one of the Digital Care team happens to be in today you may have to wait until Monday morning.
I seem to recall that CSC can activate an account but could be completely wrong....things change Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: The "Activitating your line" stage

I thought the CSC could as well, call and tell them you have synch and just need your account activating.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'