Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The legendary Plusnet service

FIXED
zilch777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

The legendary Plusnet service

On March 2nd 2016 at 11.21 from my mobile phone I called 0800 013 2632 to discuss my contract which was ending. It was agreed that my charge for Broadband would be nil from that date.

On March 3rd £9.91 was taken from my bank. On April 4th £9.99 was taken from my bank. I assume that will continue until someone does something.

Having established that the only way to resolve this was by phoning the same 0800 number, I set about to do so. Seven or eight times at different times of the day I tried. Never got through, waited, then got fed up of waiting.

I then found the facility of sending a personal message. So I sent one. It wasn't clear that it had 'gone' so I sent it twice. Still no acknowledgement. I've not received an e-mail since to say that it has been dealt with, but by logging in just now I find that I have two messages. They both say one word (can't remember the precise word but it meant settled). This was he message, personal stuff removed:

"I know PN has won awards etc for great service but over this past few days I have found it anything but! No Live Chat, waiting ages on the phone to 0800 013 2632 (which I HAVE to phone, I can't e-mail apparently) at all times of the day and night, and ultimately getting nowhere. I prefer e-mailing to phoning as my hearing isn't brilliant, so it can be a trial.

On March 2nd at 11.21 from my phone in a discussion with one of your people it was agreed that my monthly DD (at that time £2.50) would be NIL from March 1st.

Since then DDs have been taken from my bank - £9.91 on March 3rd and £9.99 today April 4th. This DD needs stopping and those two amounts refunding.

Would you please live up to your normal standards and let me have a detailed reply please."

So PN let's see you live up to the hype. 

6 REPLIES 6
zilch777
Dabbler

Re: The legendary Plusnet service

The reply in my messages reads: 'Closed. Kind regards.' - both dated today. Mine were dated last Monday.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. This doesn't make for good reading Sad I'm sorry for the issues you're going through. I'll take a look at your account first thing tomorrow morning for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your account and can see that our account system failed to display your message correctly in the tickets you've raised to us (there was no message for us to read), which why one of our agents closed them without leaving a comment. I do apologise about this. However, I can see that one of our retentions advisers viewed your account on the 2nd March, but he left no ticket nor did he put the contract through. I've passed your account to one of my customer relations team colleagues to listen to the call.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
zilch777
Dabbler

Thank you for that Anoush! I did think it was weird that no message like 'Your message has been sent and will be dealt with' appeared after I clicked Send, which is why I repeated it. That obviously didn't 'go' either.

Having my call on March 2nd listened to again has been my target since day one. It would have helped I know if I'd kept the name of the member of staff in addition to the precise time of my call.

Having dodgy hearing means phone calls can be a trial especially if it's complex technology, or anything complex really, being discussed. When Live Chat works well I find it a real boon.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi zilch777,

Thank you for getting in contact with us about this issue. I am glad now to see that the agent you spoke to called you today to extend your contract for the price you agreed on the 02/03/16 after I informed him that this had not gone through. If you do need any further assistance then please do not hesitate to get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

zilch777
Dabbler

Fix

Thank you. Happy and satisfied now.