Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ghost of Accounts Past

FIXED
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

The Ghost of Accounts Past

I moved house at the end of September and took out a new broadband contract. For reasons that I don’t need to bore anyone with, but with my agreement, CS staff terminated the original account, set up a new one and created a new Direct Debit for payments which has been paying my bill since then.

Then, a couple of days ago, I did some tidying up of my bank account and deleted that old account’s DD.

This morning I got an email to my old Plusnet email address saying “We've noticed that you don't have any payment details set up for your account. We'd recommend that you set these up now, otherwise it could affect your Plusnet service.”

So, just for interest, I logged in to my old account and got this on the front page.

“Account Closing

You can't change your products for the moment, our system may be updating. Please try again later.

Please change your email address to your new one if you have not done so already.

That message has been there for over 2 months,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: The Ghost of Accounts Past

Fix

Hi Dave. Looking into this while your account is cancelled, it's not yet terminated fully in the billing engine, which explains the automated emails you're getting although billing is suspended so no bills will generate.

There are actions in the backend systems queued up that seem stuck and once they're cleared, the account should fully terminate. Unfortunately I can't advise when this will happen but we're working to sort this out as soon as we can.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Gandalf Thanks, that is reasuring

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem Dave.

Let us know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet