cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That ll Not Do - or no ones got a clue

Steelman99
Dabbler

That ll Not Do - or no ones got a clue

Since  July 2019  Ive  not  had a  bill from Plunet . I rang them is  Sept 2019 to  try  and  fix the  problem as  I didnt  want a  big  bill ,and they  offered  to  set a  new  account  up, when I said  I was  on the  FTTP trial , I was  told  that they  couldnt  set  a new  accout  up with FTTP and  I  would  have to  revert  to  FTTC, so the  best thing to  do was  wait  until  Plusnet  found a solution to their  billing problems 

Moving onto  October  2020  and I recive  a letter  telling me what I  already  know, I havent  had a  bill for  some  time, so to  contact  Plusnet before  18th November  and they  will set  up a  new account.

Rang on 26th October  and spoke  to a  guy  who said  he  would  set  up a  new  account  , again when I  mentioned  the  FTTP trial , he  was not  sure  what to  do and  spoke  to the  provisioning team. They  came  back with the  message  to  ignore  the  letter  and  someone  would  be  in touch.

As  no one  has  been in touch I  today  rang Plusnet to  see what  was  happening. Spoke to a  lady  in billing and  she  said  they  would  have to  set  a  new account  up  , and  did I want to  keep  my  same  phone  number - why  on earth wouldnt  I ? .

I then asked  if I would  stop on FTTP - she  said  your  not  on FTTP - we  dont  do FTTP, corrected  her  and  said  Im on it  as  part  of  the  trial , to which she  said   I would  have to  go  back to FTTC. Told  he  this  was  not  acceptable  so  she  said  I  would  have to  speak to  somone  in Technical - Then between them they  managed  to  cut  me off 

Rang  back again and  had another  20  min wait  on the  phone   before  speaking to  someone  else  in billing  where  I explained all again ,and  they  put  me  though to  Technical , after  explaining the problems  to  the  guy in technical  he  said  dont  know  why they  put  you  through to  technical - its a  billing issue  

He  then rang someone  an  came  back with theres  a couple  of  people  who are  supposed to  be  sorting this  , I will e-mail them for  you  and they  will  be  in touch 

This is  getting silly  now  , just  feel  like  im getting the  runaround  , will not  be  happy  if  we  get to  next  Wednesday  and  I  get  my  phone  &  internet  susspended as  it  says  in the  letter 

Also asked what  the  cost  of  the  service  would  be  and no one  can tell  me  - so at  the  moment  I dont  know  if  to start  looking elsewhere  or  stop with plusnet  

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: That ll Not Do - or no ones got a clue

@Steelman99 

As I recall it you can't get any discount off the full monthly out of contract cost if you're on FTTP. If you shop around you might find that you can get a faster FTTP connection for about the same cost if you transfer to an ISP that offers a 'proper' FTTP service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Steelman99
Dabbler

if they  tell  me what its  going to  cost  me  then I can decide  what I want to do,  but  at the  moment  theres  no one  able to  answer any of  my  questions 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Steelman99  You are in a difficult situation, if Plusnet insist on setting up a new account it almost certainly means losing FTTP and going to FTTC. Unless you can get some confirmation that you can remain on FTTP which is unlikely, you will have to move to another ISP. You should not have to pay more than 3 months payments for the period of no billing and as this is all Plusnet's fault with their hopeless billing system and they are forcing you to leave they should "do you proud" and let you leave with no payment required. I somehow can't see that happening, the billing system goes into overdrive if it thinks there is any payment due.☹️

Steelman99
Dabbler

@RealAleMadrid -  Plusnet  said  in the  letter  they  sent  back in October  that  there  would  be  no charges  from  the  old account  , so theres  nothing to  pay  from that.

If they  would  just  confirm they  cant  give  me  FTTP at a  decent  price  then I  will  move elsewhere , but  I dont  want the hassle  of  moving 

I contacted  them as  requested as  soon as  I  recived the  letter , which said  that  If  I  didnt  contct them before  the  18th November  they  would  suspend my  service  -  so I Wait  wednesday with interest to  see  what  happens , but  no  point  doing anything  yet  as  if I strat a  move and they  cut  me  off  , im going to  get  no where  but  if ive  not  given notice of  leaving , then I can go balistic with them , and  raise a complaint if they  cut  me  off