cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message from TeamPlusnet

paagkellys

Text message from TeamPlusnet

I received a text message purportedly from "TeamPlusnet" on 29th November, suggesting I could save money by signing up to a new deal, and that I would be called in a few days. Two weeks on and I haven't heard anything.

I'm all for saving money even if it does require me to make a commitment to a new subscription period, as I have been a happy Plusnet customer for several years.

So is this genuine or some sort of scam? Has anyone received such a message and a follow-up call?

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Text message from TeamPlusnet

I got a text on Wednesday, and got a call the next day.

I was quite happy with the cost, until he started reading out the T&C's and said my upload speed would be reduced. Looking at options now!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

I'm sorry you've not had a call yet, I've flagged that up to the relevant team here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paagkellys

Hi Adam,

Thank you for replying on behalf of your organisation. But ten days on and no contact from the 'relevant team'.

I guess they don't want to offer me a better deal after all...

Paul

UncleZen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Ive recently received 2 of these "teamplusnet" texts asking me to confirm my email address and supplying a bit.ly link to click on, there's a chance to win £250 of John Lewis vouchers

Highly suspicious, some form of social engineering I would expect.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @UncleZen

We currently have a promotion where you can potentially win the £250 of John Lewis vouchers you've mentioned, just by updating your email address on the Member Centre at www.plus.net so I believe this text message you've received is genuine.

I hope this helps put your mind at rest.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Tagger
Grafter

Unless, of course, it's a fake - where somebody copies a genuine email but changes all the links to fake web sites.

This used to be very common when I was a BT customer, and I learned not to trust any "BT" email without checking it out carefully.

UncleZen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Anoush, seriously?

You send me an unsolicited text, asking me to confirm my email address which i know you already have correct because you send monthly DD emails and expect me to click on a bit.ly link ? Have you guys not learned anything about phishing?

I suggest that the link should be a plusnet link.

Don't ask me to confirm an email address that you already have correct.

Just ask me to login to my account and enter a comp with chance to win so and so. Then i might just do it.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @UncleZen

I can see from checking the account that you received the text because you opted in to receive communications from us including any marketing material as well. If you want to change these preferences you can do this via logging into your account and going to manage account and then change communication preferences. This can be accessed via this link here https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@BenB,

Whilst your advice might stop UncleZen receiving text messages, it does not address the valid security concerns.  It ought to be transparently clear that the link is to plus.net and not potentially a spoofed site.

Please raise this to marketing tech support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.