cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

Aargh

Terrible customer service

In September 2018 I tried to move from John Lewis Broadband to Plusnet and paid for annual line rental. In October I was contacted to say opening the account had not been possible and I would need to open a new account and pay the annual line rental again and the first payment would be refunded. I am still waiting. They no longer answer my messages and will not discuss with me on the phone. I feel powerless and wonder how they have such a good customer service record? Any help greatly appreciated. You can’t imagine the stress they have caused.
4 REPLIES 4
whatservice

Re: Terrible customer service

Totally agree, customer service is awful, these past 2 months it has become really bad. I was what would have been 15 minutes late paying my bill, that is...if they had not THROTTLED MY INTERNET TO DEATH,  couldn't connect to THEIR OWN  website to make payment, fone support no longer exists after 10pm (have previously paid at 1am, now stopped!) Bill due 6th oct, my payday 12.15AM 7th oct. Previously if late payment, a web page appeared giving option to acknowledge and continue. to pay within 14 days, this is now discontinued!!!! Needed to send URGENT  money transfer overseas, and because of this disgusting treatment of a LONG TIME  customer, was unable to complete! Talked to a manager and her attitude was "so what". I pay by card as my paydays are not calendar month, always taken from REGISTERED  card automatic, this "manager" says as i dont pay by registered means, they no longer give website "acknowledge and continue" option, they just stuff you and throttle to death! My card IS REGISTERED!!! BT is parent company, was kept separate, seems now they apply BT practice now, and no way on earth would i ever sign with BT because of their awful service. PLUSNET  will lose its previous good reputation pretty damn quick if they continue treating LOYAL  customers this way!

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Aargh

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

I have checked over your account and can see that we requested information from you here 

Sadly, we didn't receive a response and contact from yourself via telephone, resulted in us being unable to continue the call as you didn't have your security information to hand. Due to data protection laws, we are unable to discuss account specific information if the caller cannot pass security. 

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused. Can you please confirm if you are able to log in to your old account? 

Hi @whatservice

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. I have updated your ticket here

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards

Aargh

Hi Ollie as I explained to the last person I spoke to, as that account was closed or never actually opened as emails will show and it is now a year ago I can’t remember the password only the username so you should be able to ask me other questions to identify who I am as even banks do from time to time. They always try to help. I am not going away, I have credit card bills showing the 2 withdrawals. Apart from the password I can see no other questions waiting to be answered so your attempts to pass the buck just make me angrier.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Aargh, thanks for getting back to us. I am very sorry for the length of time this matter has been ongoing and please be assured we want to get this resolved for you.

As you know the username of the old account, you will be able to reset the password here.

Once done, you will then be able to use the details to log into the account; I have created a ticket here and if you could please reply with the requested information (and let us know on here once done) I'll pick this up and get it escalated to the relevant team for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team