cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination of contract and Plusnet "customer services"

SalfordSlim
Hooked

Termination of contract and Plusnet "customer services"

Ok so I'll try and make this as non-ranty as possible but I can't promise.

I've had Plusnet Broadband since February and it's been appalling (never above 2.5mbp and for 90% of the time around 0.7/0.8 mbp. So I've had pretty much 6 months of nothingness. I raised a ticket with Plusnet on 23/7 highlighting the issue and asking them to investigate. After a month which included 2 engineer visits, I finally got Plusnet to admit there was nothing they could do to improve my speeds as the comms exchange was 2 miles away and the copper cabling wasn't up to the job (fastfibre also not available in my area.... another long story!!!).

So... on 24/8 I managed to get Plusnet to agree to termination of contract on the basis that they couldn't meet their "30 day minimum service" promise (which amazingly was 0.8 mbp in my contract - so they basically knew there was an issue before I even took out the contract). They told me it was being passed to their terminations team who would process it. I informed them I would be cancelling my direct debit (due out on 4/9) and that I would wait for confirmation of termination and the relevamt refund. A couple of days later there was another update to the ticket raised saying it was being passed back to engineer to investigate further?! I tried to ring Plusnet multiple times and it just rang out.

I've since heard nothing. I've tried on numerous occasions to ring them but it just rings out every time. I can't access my Plusnet account as they've suspended it due to non-payment of aforementioned September direct debit (you couldn't make it up!🤦‍) and there is obviously no online chat feature to contact them.

Can anyone advise how the hell I progress this?! I'm worried this "missed payment" will show up on my credit file and it'll just be the final kick in the teeth from this whole debacle.

Can anyone help at all?

Cheers

Slim
5 REPLIES 5
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Termination of contract and Plusnet "customer services"

@SalfordSlim 

You probably should not have cancelled your direct debit since that will cause your account to become restricted as I understand it.  

What speed does the https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL say you should get for your line?

SalfordSlim
Hooked

Hi @wakeman,

My account shouldn't be restricted it should be terminated as per the fact I stated above that they are not meeting their minimum promise (0.8mbp). They have agreed to this.

Tbh, it should be illegal to offer a "service" if this is the only speed they can provide as most of the time I can barely open an app let alone do anything else. My contract said "average of 10mbp" but that's a complete joke as that's impossible in my area (something I didn't know at the time I took out the contract).

I cancelled my DD as there is no way they're getting a penny more out of me based on what I've highlighted in my previous post. They've pretty much stolen £20 a month off me for sweet FA.
SalfordSlim
Hooked

All sorted now. Finally got hold of C/S who have agreed to process termination today! 😅

Still think there should be government legislation that every provider (not a dig at Plusnet) should have to guarantee say 10mbp otherwise they can't offer broadband.... but that's another discussion for another day!😂
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@SalfordSlim 

well done.

As for minimum 10Mbs you do know you might be able to apply for a USO (Universal Service Obligation), but BT are the only people who can provide it, they could offer you a 4G router, if they can't improve your line speed, but the 4G router would only work of course if you can get a good signal. https://www.bt.com/broadband/USO

has the details

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'