cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily leaving Plusnet, can I keep referral credits?

snj
Grafter

Temporarily leaving Plusnet, can I keep referral credits?

Hi,
We're moving home but not going to be able to reconnect with Plusnet for a while.  What happens to my referral credits each month?  Do we just lose them?  There used to be a way of downgrading the account to dialup and keeping the monthly credits.  Is that (or something similar) still possible?
Thanks,
Simon
22 REPLIES 22
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Temporarily leaving Plusnet, can I keep referral credits?

Hi there,
Downgrading to a dialup account would keep the referrals in place but you wouldn't accrue any credit for them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They will build up until they reach £5 and then you will be paid then by direct debit if you leave the direct debit active
EDIT - either the system has changed without anybody being told or Adam is wrong I hope
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi there,
Downgrading to a dialup account would keep the referrals in place but you wouldn't accrue any credit for them.

Why not?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

hands up, Jim is right. I was wrong.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Back to school for Adam methinks!  Crazy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
pierre_pierre
Grafter

cant trust some of the reps keep giving out duff info, Only I can do that  Grin Grin
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
... then you will be paid then by direct debit if you leave the direct debit active....

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
hands up, Jim is right. I was wrong.

Jim is only partly right as the payment can not be made by Direct Debit. The account details held on the DD might be used to make a BACS payment though ;).
snj
Grafter

Ah, thank you - I hoped that was the case.  Can someone tell me how we can organise this as when we called the helpline they didn't offer us this option.  Also, is there a monthly fee once downgraded or is is the old PAYG system?
We have  cessation request planned for 1st June, presumably this all needs to be sorted before then but I'm not sure how to explain this to the call centre staff, especially if we get another one who doesn't know about the downgrade to dialup option.
Thanks,
Simon
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From memory.
The downgrade to dialup option is no longer available
However - where there are referrals on the account then the account remains live and I believe the emails accounts still work
itchyfeet
Grafter

I have the same issue.  I spoke to the help desk and was told that down grading was no longer an options and I would not be able to keep my referrals after closing the account.  I guess all the people who rely on me to advise them what to do with their broadband accounts will be migrating too then...
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It seems we need some clarification from someone senior enough at Plusnet. Is down grading to a dial-up account still an option or not? If not why not?
scream
Dabbler

Hi there,
My self and my other colleagues here on night shift have just been discussing this.
As far as we are aware there are no more dial up accounts and we haven't offered these for a fair while now. We do offer a Plusnet Justmail account, which does not have a subscription fee, this will only allow you to keep your email address, any domains and your referrals, it wouldn't come with a dial-up number.
Smiley
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is it the Plusnet Justmail account that is being referred to in Section 1 (General Policies) Paragraph 6 of the Cancellation Policy:-
6. It is possible, when requesting an account cancellation, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some member centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#gp5
If so, why do you say it does not have a subscription fee when a fee of £20 a year is quoted.
scream
Dabbler

Quote from: acr
If so, why do you say it does not have a subscription fee when a fee of £20 a year is quoted.

When I have ever changed customers to this package recently it has never had a subscription fee. This used to be charged for, but this is no longer the case. 
I'm going to flag that section of the website to someone who can fix that charge, as this incorrect.
Smiley