Bluesplayer
Grafter

Talk Evenings & Weekends

Hi
This is how my current products looks like:
Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) £9.99
Talk Evenings & Weekends £0.00
Line rental  £13.99
That looks to me as if I should get free phone calls in the evenings and weekends - or maybe it isn't active?
Well I rang someone last night and I stayed on the phone for nearly an hour then broke the phone call and redialed so that I didn't go over the hour time limit but on looking at my 'credit available' it has gone down around £12?  How come as it was to a landline?  Total length of the call was around 1 hour 30 mins but like I said I redialed at around 50 mins into the call.
Don't understand what is going on here.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Talk Evenings & Weekends

Can you advise the number you were calling as 90 minutes to an 01, 02 or 03 number would cost about  £7.41 in the evenings and you shouldn't have been charged for that
However calling a mobile would have cost about £11 and isn't included in the free calls
Note that I am assuming you joined before 8th May otherwise the Evenings and Weekend Package wouldn't be free
Bluesplayer
Grafter

I have been with Plusnet for many years now.
The phone number started with 01784 with another 6 digits.  Landline number as far as I'm aware - maybe not though.
Just took another look at my bill and the number was a UK Landline number.
jim:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enter the number into Google, and see what it comes up with.
Also
http://www.area-codes.org.uk/01784.php

Did you do a Directory search, then press a button to connect ?

Ring another landline number today (Saturday) and again another landline tonight, are you charged ?

Also, ring an 0800 to confirm no charge made, there will be no record of this, if free.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

What time did you start the call
If you go the Home Phone Control Panel then recent calls - is it identified with a charge as it should be zero
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Ok.  Looked into this a bit more now.  Apparently there is at least a 24 hour delay in the reports so maybe I haven't been charged for last night's call.  Won't find that out until tomorrow or the day after presumeably.  I have been making such calls to a new friend *cough* for the last few nights so the charge I first saw must have been for a night or 2 previous where I stayed on the phone way beyond an hour.  It was only last night that I broke the call to redial back again.
Oh well just hope my new 'friend' will be worth the expense  ;).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Oldjim
What time did you start the call
If you go the Home Phone Control Panel then recent calls - is it identified with a charge as it should be zero

Inclusive calls to UK landlines, 0845 and 0870* numbers 7pm and 7am Mon-Fri, any time on Saturday and Sunday
Item #2 on this page
https://portal.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml

Quote from: Bluesplayer
Ok.  Looked into this a bit more now.  Apparently there is at least a 24 hour delay in the reports so maybe I haven't been charged for last night's call.  

Home Phone Control Panel Recent calls  shows
Call destination Time of call Call length Price

Bluesplayer
Grafter

Everything is working as it should by the looks of it.  What I overlooked was the fact that calls are only free for up to 1hr but charged thereafter.  Redialling before the hour is up stops the charge.  Oh well you live and learn  :).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to hear that one got figured out. I've noticed a few others make similar assumptions until noticing the finer points.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team