cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking an absolute [-Censored-] with call charges

Ralphhalgas
Hooked

Taking an absolute [-Censored-] with call charges

When I ordered plusnet, I specifically asked the sales lady if the diverted calling is for free when I pay 2.50 divert charge and she said it was. What I meant is if the calls from my landline diverted to my mobile are for free. She assured me that definitely they'll be for free.

I got an email today saying that actually my credit limit is close and I will have to pay nearly £50 for calls?!!!

I use landline for taxi business and this is an absolute [-Censored-]! 36p for every minute of calling - I received over two hours of enquiries, only a small minority of which transformed into jobs, some of them paid as little as 4-5 pounds!!!

I'm completely gutted now and thinking of leaving plusnet. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Taking an absolute [-Censored-] with call charges

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear that. As it appears your account was signed up after contact with a marketing company we work with, I've sent a request off to listen to your call with the adviser. I'd expect that to happen within a couple of days.

I've created this ticket on your account so we can follow up.

We'll be happy to review the call charges based on the outcome of the listening.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ralphhalgas
Hooked

Charged for divert when calls were missed

I was wondering of anyone had the same issue with plusnet.

Apart from charging me for mobile-diverted calls per minute (that was never confirmed would be the case by customer service assistant when I signed up - they reassured me it'd be free and unlimited!), I am charged 1 minute for every time I DO NOT answer a diverted call.

This is a proper money maker for plusnet. As if charging £.36 per minute of actual connection wasn't enough!!!

I am attaching screen grabs.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachments in a public forum.

Ralphhalgas
Hooked

Re: Charged for divert when calls were missed

Oh and by the way, since the 23 August when the service was started until now (under 2 weeks) they want to charge me 45 pounds when I was assured by customer service last that call divert is FREE and UNLIMITED and will only cost £2.50. She never told me of any minute packages wild be necessary or anything else literally. She just wanted to push on the contact on me.

So IF I never answered any more calls and called no one till 23 September, I would still have to pay 45+32.59 = 77.50 for the first month !!! If I used the remaining credit, I'd pay 87.50 !!! I'm sorry but we are not back in 1990s, this is 2017!
Unbelievable!
That is even dearer than British Telecom!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

As I've advised over here we're getting that call listened to.

And, we'll be happy to review the call charges based on the outcome of the listening.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re:Taking an absolute [-Censored-] with call charges

Moderator's note:

Two threads of similar issues by OP merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ralphhalgas
Hooked

I have received an answer like this quoted below. I asked for T&Cs and complaints procedure as well as the full recording of the sites call (to my email) - to no avail. I assert strongly that the ADVISER WAS AT FAULT indeed and I shall need a proof of misseling. If a customer is asking specifically if a service may incur extra charges and that info is withheld, that is simply lying. It does not matter if it is mandatory by law to mention charges per minute for call divert or not. It is simply lying and treating a customer as a mug. She also NEVER mentioned to me that the account shouldn't be used for small business in addition to private purposes.

If that's not resolved somehow, I will be going to money claim online website and small claims track. I won't be paying in excess of £100 every month when the reason I joined plusnet is to save money.

This is wholly unacceptable and I wanted other customers to know how I've been treated so far. As a MUG.

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
5:08pm, Friday 8 Sep 2017
Commenting on ticket, as call divert issue being dealt with here, and I received outcome of call listening from [CSA Removed] what he put is below:

'Customer was advised that the caller divert would be £2.50 a month, all statements were read in full, however there are no statements regarding calling features so any additional costs were not advised but I don’t see this being at the fault of the advisor.
Feedback the advisor isn't at fault.'

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Ralphhalgas
Hooked

I will need the recordings as I have Plusnet is in breach of Misrepresentation Act 1967
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear the answer to the call listening isn't the desired outcome you were hoping for.

I asked for T&Cs

Terms and conditions can be found here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html

and complaints procedure

That can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

as well as the full recording of the sites call (to my email)

This would be a Data Subject Access Request [DSAR]. There is a £10 admin fee to that.

Let us know if you'd like to go ahead and I'll arrange that.

to no avail.

Sorry about the lack of response on the ticket. The adviser that sent you that update, escalated the ticket to my own personal pool and I was out of the office for 3 days. Sad so it just sat with me. Apologies again for the delay.

She also NEVER mentioned to me that the account shouldn't be used for small business in addition to private purposes.

Our terms and conditions advise that which you were sent a link to by email on the day your account was created.

If that's not resolved somehow, I will be going to money claim online website and small claims track. I won't be paying in excess of £100 every month when the reason I joined plusnet is to save money.

From looking at your account, I understand that we've found a way to resolve this moving forward.

I will need the recordings as I have Plusnet is in breach of Misrepresentation Act 1967

As above, I can arrange that for a one off fee of £10. Let us know if you'd like to go ahead.

After discussing this with my line manager, I have updated your ticket 157079178 with a gesture of goodwill.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet