Did you mean: 

Take my money!!

FIXED
Digsy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Take my money!!

Dear PlusNet,

I have not been billed since June. The only communication I have recieved from you was an e-mail in September saying you were trying to resolve the issue. I can't believe it has gone on this long.

Please can you sort this out? I don't want to be hit with a big back dated bill right after Christmas.

Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.
7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Take my money!!

Thanks for getting in touch @Digsy 

I'm sorry to see we've not generated your bill in so long. Unfortunately I'm unable to advise when we will be however when we do we'll only charge you a maximum of 90 days backdated fees leading up to your bill generating. If the bill falls on your usual billing date, you may see 1 further month in the bill we produce.

If you're unable to pay the bill we generate in one go, we'll be happy to set up a payment plan to split the across more than one month. I'm monitoring this for you Here and will review once we've produced the bill.

If you notice any developments before I do for example an email notification regarding a bill, feel free to reply to that ticket to let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you've got any further queries or concerns.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Digsy
Grafter

As you have now put this ticket on hold for yet another month as of the first working day in 2020 I have decided to cancel my direct debit at the bank end so I at least have control of what goes out of my account and when.

I will be more than happy to set up a new one and agree a payment plan for the backdated bills when you get your act together.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Digsy

Once the bill generates and the payment subsequently fails, I can set up a payment plan with you. Although we’d need payment details adding to your account otherwise any payment plan we set up will automatically default. 

Best way to handle this is to allow the payment to fail then add card details to your account before we set up the payment plan. 

Once the payment plan has been fulfilled and all payments are up to date if you want your ongoing payment method to be by direct debit you can then set this up again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Digsy
Grafter

It's coming up to a whole year since PlusNet last billed me. I have had no comms from you on the support ticket since February and I am starting to feel like I am taking the mickey a bit, but this is your problem to fix.

I won't be chasing you on this anymore, so its up to you if you want to restart billing me for the service I have been enjoying for the last 11 months.

Ball's in your court, guys.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Digsy 

I understand what you've said and I apologise we've not generated your bill yet and any inconvenience this causes. As per my previous response I'm personally monitoring this for you. Thank you for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Digsy
Grafter

Fix

@Gandalf

As I am sure you know, you have now generated a bill for 4 month's worth of usage. It was a bit inconvenient that you also placed a strange kind of block on my account immediately thereafter, which meant I could not access certain sites - including your own billing page to make the payment or set up a new direct debit. Thankfully I was able to bypass this using a VPN and I have now paid the bill and the block has been lifted.

Considering how many times I have reminded you about this, I think giving me zero notice to arrange back payment before blocking me is a bit off, especially as I am working from home at the moment and relying on my connection.

Anyway, hopefully the matter is finally closed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the heads up @Digsy the ticket was still on hold so I wasn't aware. Glad to see this is sorted though. We've not deliberately prevented you from getting online while in failed payment, it's unfortunately an issue we're working to get to the bottom of that seems to be affecting certain accounts.

What should happen is that on days 1, 5 and 10 of failed payment you're presented with a payment reminder on your screen you can use to log into your account and pay, or click on a button to acknowledge it and continue browsing. We then apply hard restrictions on day 14 and close an account on day 49 of failed payment (after multiple email/text/call reminders).

I apologise for the issues and again I'm happy to see this is sorted for you now.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet