Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags on line - please help

Hanxbear
Grafter

Tags on line - please help

Guys,
any advice would be gratefully received............
I have cancelled BB from Orange (long story re MAC keys and Ceases on line), and set up a new account with Plusnet.  I haven't been able to progress this as yet after almost two weeks, because of a 'tag' on my line (presumably by Orange.......).
Needless to say i have phoned Orange several times, but have been fobbed off with stories - it's not our tag/ it's the new ISP who removes it/ it'll take 10 days to clear - so much so that I don't believe a word they say.
I've phoned Ofcom - who have now told me that I can't contact BT Wholesale myself to have it removed, it has to be the new ISP - Is that true?  And why was I told that I had to contact Orange?
I'm really frustrated - I need to work from home 3 days a week which means I need a connection..........
Please help.
Thanks Cry
15 REPLIES 15
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Tags on line - please help

Hi David
thanks for your time on the phone today. Keep me informed as to how you get on.
Jojo Smiley
Hanxbear
Grafter

Thanks Joanne, I have the number of the phone provider, hopefully I'll get them to stop/start.
Thanks again.
Hanxbear
Grafter

OK, Joanne, finally got through to someone helpful at Orange.......... (gasp)
They were able to tell me that the Tag on my line will be removed on 17 October. I suppose the upshot of that is that you will start progressing my order from 17th? If so, how long do you think it'll take to start my Plusnet service?
To be honest, I didnt like the sound of getting SHEtalk to Stop/Start - given my experience so far, it opens up a whole world of pain with my landline as well..............
Hanx
Crazy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The 17th will indeed be the first day we'll be able to progress the order so will do so for you Smiley
As for how long, it depends if we're able to migrate the line or if it needs reactivating. We'll be able to tell you more on the day.
Hanxbear
Grafter

Update.................
So the 17th October is finally here (a bit like waiting on Christmas/Birthdays.........)  and guess what...............
There is no order on my line to have the full Broadband Service from Orange removed from my line..................!!!!!!  Angry
I am now without broadband for over 3 weeks.
I'm getting to the stage where I wish I had never bothered trying to switch - No doubt it will be another 3 weeks before I get my router and get switched on............
Honestly, I have never been as frustrated in all of my life - Even switching gas suppliers was easier - and I never thought I'd say that...............!!!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that, though unfortunately it's the line owners' responsibility to remove the tag I'm afraid and until that's done there's not a lot we can do. Is there any way you could chase orange further over this?
Hanxbear
Grafter

I have Matt - I phoned them today.  They said that the order can take up to midnight tonight (although whether I believe them or not is another matter..............)
I will be phoning again tomorrow.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll check on things first thing in the morning for you and see if the line's showing clear - fingers crossed Smiley
Hanxbear
Grafter

Thanks Matt - I really appreciate it.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked and I'm afraid the orange tag is still present on the line.
Hanxbear
Grafter

Hi Matt,
and I presume there's no order to take it off?
Hanxbear
Grafter

Matt,
Phoned Orange again.........................
Apparently they have removed Tags from the long number......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They now tell me that they are sending off the order, but that it can take up to 48 hours to have it removed....................
Ah well - what's another two days.............. Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Kind of harsh on the customer who's just been randomly ceased though, I wish them luck 😕
Hanxbear
Grafter

One man's meat is another man's murder..................... Shocked
I hope he has more luck than me in getting resolution.................
Can we reconvene in 48 hours, young man....................? Cool