cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to another ISR

SophieMHK92

Switching to another ISR

I have not had a good experience with Plusnet at all. A misleading deal was what brought me to them in the first place and think I paid the discounted price for maybe 2 months, certainly not 18. Constant price rises and bill always seem to be different monthly as well as going up, despite the fact I do not own a house phone (never did, only got the line as it was the only way to get the broadband) and never make any calls. This month's bill up again, above £30 now!!! A weekend call barring charge. This is ridiculous. Have tried to make a complaint about it and the response I received did not even assist me, it was a long-winded excuse and did not reassure me on the amazing customer service I keep hearing about but do not get. I was annoyed enough when bills starting being over £25 but now over £30 just for normal broadband?
Looking at prices on uSwitch and TalkTalk looks better so far. However, I do not want to be slapped with a huge cancellation fee, and am not even sure if I would get one as I think it has been just over 18 months since signing up. If proceeding on uSwitch the cancellation will be "handled" by them but do not want a nasty surprise shortly after to find  PN took money out. Advice on this, and switching/bills, anyone? At the end of my tether  Embarrassed
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Switching to another ISR

Hi Sophie,
You won't be slapped with a cancellation fee as you're out of contract at the moment.
I can see that you're paying the standard price for the broadband at the moment. It may be best to get in touch with our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 to see what they can offer.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
wayo231
Dabbler

Re: Switching to another ISR

Do remember to tell the customer that they are liable for a £30 cessation fee if they actually cancel their account. Even if they are out of contract. Migrating away to another supplier is not the same...
dick:quote