Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Fibre.

Devonian
Grafter

Switching to Fibre.

Hi guys Smiley
I had a leaflet from the Satan Daddy, that is BT, telling me fibre is now available to my address.
I tried to upgrade on the PlusNet accounts page, and it says it isn't available to me, however on bt.com it says it IS available to me.. can somebody have a look for me?
Cheers guys.
7 REPLIES 7
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Switching to Fibre.

Have you checked what the BT checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome says for your phone number?
David
Devonian
Grafter

Yea I tried that, but that's also confusing?
My phone number shows incorrect information.. the exchange/cabinet info is correct, but the services available are wrong, but if I put in my address manually it shows FTTC  as available.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That ties in with what you said in the opening post, the BT letter says it's available to your address, but the Plusnet checker, which is phone number based (and uses the BT availability information), says it isn't.
There have been similar instances of this problem mentioned in these forums. I think you'll need the provisioning team to liaise with BT to resolve the discrepancy.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Devonian,
I've enquired regarding this to BTw and I'm waiting for a response from them.
Chris
Devonian
Grafter

Thanks a lot Chris.
I have also emailed OR and am awaiting a reply.
Funnily enough, I was talking to my neighbour earlier, he has enquired with his ISP, and they said they can offer an appointment for installation, but not until June!
Devonian
Grafter

I don't know if you have had a reply Chris, but I had one today from OR.
The email says BT are currently waiting for Torbay Council to give them permission to install the new cabinet to replace cabinet 21, the one I am connected to, and they will be accepting orders by the first week in July.
However.. cabinet 21.. is a brand new cabinet.. it was replaced weeks ago, so I have no idea at all what OR are on about!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I haven't yet no, I'll chase this up now. It's not showing as available at the minute.