cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching providers

Alex2x
Grafter

Switching providers

How soon before your contract ends can you switch providers. So not to an early termination fee.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Switching providers

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Alex2x, thanks for getting in touch. I can confirm that if the account is cancelled any amount of days before the contract end date then early termination fee's would generate. It may be best then to arrange the cahnge over to a new provider for the day after your contract ends. This way you'd be charged for the full month of non discounted service however around 20 days when your final invoice is generated you'd see the vast majority of that months invoices refunded back to you due to the service you didn't receive but had paid for upon cancelling.

Once placing an order with a new provider, you should receive a notification from us that the service is being taken over for a set date. If you haven't received this after a few days then I'd recommend giving our cancellations team a call so they can arrange the closure of your account for when your new service goes live. They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

I hope this helps.

Alex2x
Grafter

Thank you.