Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching, how stupid is this?

FIXED
dougjbarnes1
Grafter

Switching, how stupid is this?

receive email,

Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 2nd March 2015 and will result in the cancellation of all your Plusnet services.

later

You'll receive a cancellation bill with the charges you need to pay.

Because you're moving your broadband before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £11.29.

Actually leaving on 23 May, AT END OF CONTRACT, so NO CHARGES as I understand the T&C

Shouldn't someone check what they're sending out?

Also the person I spoke to on phone was quite aggressive and made out the new supplier was very poor, and quoted prices wouldn't apply for long, even though I stated I had a guaranteed 18 month price!

8 REPLIES 8
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Switching, how stupid is this?

This won't help, but I think I've sussed out where a human got it wrong for you.

23 May (5 month) was possibly typed in as 2nd Day of the 3rd Month and 2015

One hopes Plusnet correct this mistake

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @dougjbarnes1

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry for the error in your email, I can't see any simple reason for this to happen.

Having taken a look at your account I can see the response provided by my colleague relating to the charges here and I can confirm that if you leave after your contract expires then there would be not early termination fees applied. These are calculated from the day that we receive the request for your cancellation as we must advise you of the balance., I do apologise for any confusion.

I do apologise for any bad experience you may have had, I will pass this on to be investigated and will be dealt with internally.

Regards,

dougjbarnes1
Grafter

and to add salt to the wound, I (and EE) received notification that I was cancelling the switch (untrue). After calls to Plusnet, who don't know how this happened  AND wasn't on my account logs, and subsequent calls to EE to confirm the cancellation WASN'T requested, I've now got to wait longer for a switch, so hope that Plusnet will either defer the charge due to the overrun (due to their system's error) of at the VERY LEAST charge at the existing monthly rate for the few extra days, otherwise I'm contacting Ofcom as it's an unacceptable situation

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @dougjbarnes1 

I'm very sorry to hear this has happened. 

at the VERY LEAST charge at the existing monthly rate for the few extra days, otherwise I'm contacting Ofcom as it's an unacceptable situation

We would not charge more than standard price for the days it takes to get the migration sorted. 

As you will be moving after your contract expires (as far as i can make out) if any termination charge is applied we should be able to get that redacted. 

Kind Regards,

MoR

dougjbarnes1
Grafter

Yes But....

I WAS DUE to switch at the end of my contract.  Due to an (unexplained) action by Plusnet that confirmed my CANCELLATION of the switch, which I did not request, and neither can Plusnet find any explanation of "why" when I spoke on phone last night (15/May/19), EE were also told & cancelled the switch process.

I've now restarted this switch, but I fail to see that I should have to pay now for a week or so's "out of contract" rates to Plusnet when the cancellation was nothing to do with me

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @dougjbarnes1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

While I understand you encountered issues with the order been cancelled with your new provider which was not your fault, we are unable to add a discount on for this length of time. As you will be using the services, you will receive a pro-rata charge based on the standard price for your products. We are more than happy to redact any cancellation charges if this occurs.

Thanks.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@dougjbarnes1 wrote:

when I spoke on phone last night (15/May/19), EE were also told & cancelled the switch process.

You see how easy it is to get dates wrong.  It is still only the 14/May/19.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Fix

@dougjbarnes1 wrote:

and to add salt to the wound, I (and EE) received notification that I was cancelling the switch (untrue).

@dougjbarnes1 

What form of notification and from whom?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots