cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Vodafone to Plusnet

richsmart

Switching from Vodafone to Plusnet

hi there

switching from vodafone on 25/9.  do i need to advise Vodafone that I am switching or does it get cancelled automatically?  Ive read conflicting information

5 REPLIES 5
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Switching from Vodafone to Plusnet

Hi

VF should cancel your contract automatically. The process sometimes goes wrong.

BUT Do not intervene and cancel VF yourself.

That will put a cease order on your line and mess up the transfer to Plusnet.

You will then be stuck without phone & BB for weeks and may have to pay a new line charge.

Some have posted on this forum compling their transfer has failed and it turns out they cancelled with the previous ISP before the transfer to PN complete.

Check with VF after you have transferred that they have received confirmation you have transferred.

Regards

Richard

richsmart

thank you for that prompt reply.  Appreciate it.  

richsmart

hi  there, 

so joined Plusnet on 25th September but just received a 2nd bill from vodafone!

They are telling me i never cancelled my account and that I should have notified them!  Ive spoken to them at length and told them I followed the process to the letter, but they are refusing to refund me and in fact want another months notice to cancel!

Something that was weird was in August they sent me an email telling me that they were glad I was staying so I know that there must have been a [-Censored-] up somewhere along the line.  I do know the plusnet start date wss incorrect, so I rang Plusnet to advise this and they changed the start date to coincide with the end date of my vodafone contract.  Im worried that whoerver I spoke to cancelled the account, then setup a new request but didnt organise closing off my existing ISP. 

Who can I speak to about this? Seems a bit of a mess...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

then setup a new request but didnt organise closing off my existing ISP.

The new provider (PlusNet) doesn't directly interact with the existing ISP. It's all done automatically through BT Openreach/Wholesale. If the transfer has completed , then BT WILL have informed Vodafone. The system is automated so I suspect Vodafone are being economical with the truth and have 'lost' the notification from BT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi
I would use raise a compliant with Vodafone.
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints
Use a Plusnet welcome email as proof your services have transferred.
Explain to Vodafone you want them to acknowledge transfer and refund any payments for the period after the transfer.
Regards
Richard