cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Plusnet Issue

tnorth92
Hooked

Switching from Plusnet Issue

Hi all, I had been due to switch from Plusnet to Vodafone today thinking it would go smoothly but hasn’t. My new service isn’t working because I’ve been advised that there is WLTO required on my line. I haven’t experienced this before when switching between suppliers so just very confused. My Plusnet account is in my name but my fiancé organised that new provider account which is in her name. Is there any chance that Plusnet may of ceased the service on my line and now my new provider is having to ‘replace’ it ? I’m still at same address just literally changing supplier and have been told I need to wait a further 10 working days for open reach to complete WLTO. Just very confused by the delay Sad
Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Switching from Plusnet Issue

@tnorth92 

Did you tell PN you were leaving? This puts an OFCOM mandated 10 day block on the line to prevent fraud.

Brian

tnorth92
Hooked

No I didn’t to be honest only because I saw on Plusnet a website I wouldn’t need to contact as my new supplier would organise the switch, would you recommend I give them a call then ? Contract only finished today
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@tnorth92 we only cease the line when you are not moving to a new supplier. If you are moving suppliers Openreach just switch it to the new supplier, I would contact Vodafone Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@tnorth92   When did you ask, and when were you expecting your new service.

A WLTO is Working Line Take Over, ie a standard move from one ISP to another, and 10 working days notice is standard and required by OFCOM, as already mentioned.

Edit your PN service should continue until your new provider takes over.

Is there really a problem here?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@tnorth92 wrote:
Hi all, I had been due to switch from Plusnet to Vodafone today.

This is not what you are doing. You are giving up the Plusnet service and your fiancée is taking over the line with a different ISP. I don’t know if this is affecting the process.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

tnorth92
Hooked

Ok thankyou for clarifying I’ll contact them, just wasn’t sure if because ive opened the new account with Vodafone in my partners name and not my name it was causing issues
tnorth92
Hooked

Hi yes I think I have caused this problem myself when setting up the new account, I suspect Plusnet have received a switch request from Vodafone and because it’s come from a different name it’s caused confusion
tnorth92
Hooked

Hi I placed the order 5th December and requested switch date for today 5th Jan(contract finish date) just surprised that I’ve been told today to wait a further 10 working days to switch, I will continue to use PN until switch is complete,
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You will have to ask Voda why it did not go live today, but it sounds like they did not get an order in on time.

Have you had "sorry your are leaving" from PN yet - if not it confirms my suspicion.

tnorth92
Hooked

No I’ve had no communication from PN about me leaving which made me think todays switch wasn’t going to happen
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'