cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching contract during first 14 days

ninja47

Switching contract during first 14 days

Hello,

I've just moved into a new home and started a new contract again with plusnet which meant avoiding paying the house move charge. The price I was given for Fibre extra and phone is around £18 higher a month than a limited time deal I can currently see on Plusnet's own website. 

I'm wondering if there is anyway to change over to the cheaper contract as I'm still in the first 14 days of my contract?

I've just spent nearly an hour and a half on the phone to them being put on hold and passed between pretty much every department as no one seemed to know how to deal with this!

Does anyone have any experience with doing this or any advice?

Posting here as a kind of last ditch effort before I just phone them and cancel it altogether.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Switching contract during first 14 days

Your 14 days starts when you sign up, not service activation.

ninja47

Do you mean 14 days after you create your account (because that would have been last year) or 14 days after you sign up for a new contract?

I signed up for my current contract on the 11th so I've still got 2 days left in that case.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there, as you're in the first 14 days you could cancel your new contract if you wished. However there may be cancellation fees from the previous contract to pay, along with a cessation charge. Unfortunately we can't always offer the same prices to new and existing customers, particularly on house moves due to the cease and activation costs we absorb as part of the move.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.