cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching banks (Direct Debit issue)

tasutton
Hooked

Switching banks (Direct Debit issue)

I switched my current account over on the 16th November, and all of the Direct Debits transferred over successfully.

Plusnet always bill me on the 21st of the month, with payment usually being taken on the 28th.

However, on the 28th November, I received email acknowledgement from Plusnet, that a new direct debit had been set up.

Payment was taken on the 29th November (using the switched direct debit PNET#######-1), but I now have a new direct debit (PNET#######-2) on my account also.

Has the new direct debit superseded the switched direct debit - in which case, should I now delete the switched direct debit?

Thanks for your help.
10 REPLIES 10
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Switching banks (Direct Debit issue)

Hi @tasutton

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your direct debit instruction.

I am sorry to hear that this has been confusing. There should not be any concerns regarding your instruction. If this has changed from Ref**1 to Ref**2 this would usually indicate a new instruction submitted. Have you checked with your bank or on your online banking if available?

If you let us know if you need any further assistance.

tasutton
Hooked

Hi Warwick,

Thank you for your reply.

The Ref**1 Direct Debit instruction transferred over from my previous bank when switching, and the November payment was taken from my new bank on 29th.

That instruction is still set up on my (new bank) Direct Debit lists, along with a brand new instruction (Ref**2).

I was wondering which of the instructions to delete, as I didn’t want to take a gamble on paying twice or not at all.

Thanks,

Terry.
Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Terry,

You should delete the old/first instruction as this will no longer be valid. We can only hold the details for one direct debit at a time.

Hope this helps!

tasutton
Hooked

Hi Sophia,

That’s great - thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Terry.
rippedoffme
Grafter

Hi I may have  a similar problem with 2 DD. How do I cancel the earlier one. I can not get on the bill paying page?

Regards Allan

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @rippedoffme

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with your Direct Debit.

You can cancel the first instruction by contacting your bank.

In relation to viewing your bill, can you please try accessing your bill on an alternative browser and/or device? If the issue persists can you advise us of any error codes/messages you may see, so that we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

rippedoffme
Grafter

Hi thanks for reply. I wondered if there was an easy way to remove a DD from your system. My problem has been running since August and is currently subject to PM's with Gandalf, so I don't want you both chasing the same problem. I only replied to your post as it seemed that my today problems could be related to 2 DD being in your system although the earliest one was cancelled in September to prevent double billing. It maybe that one prevented activation of the new one. Any advice would be welcome. I don't know if the very slow / inability to access most PN pages is related to the above or not, but as you requested I have tried the alternatives without any change. The errors are 

:- " You can pay online by logging into https://www.plus.net/pay/ and following the on-screen instructions. "

Tried this link but got this after very slow load - "

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Try this

There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND "

Or timed out and possible safety issue.

Regards Allan

errors

rippedoffme
Grafter

Also - 

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Try this:

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@rippedoffme,

Hi there, this is definitely DD related. It looks like the error pages you're getting are because the instruction is stuck in pending on our side (for no obvious reason), and unfortunately it also won't allow the front line staff to amend any of the details.

I've credited off any outstanding amount for this month and submitted a request to remove all payment details from your account. Once we've got this done I think the best best is to resubmit a new instruction to fully resolve this matter.

You'll need to leave this with us, this isn't something that will likely get fixed immediately so once we have something back we'll update you further. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@rippedoffme,

I think this issue should now be resolved. The DD details have been marked as amendable too which means (if the payment details are correct) there shouldn't be any further issues in future. 

Let me know if you have any further issues.