Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Broadband Packages

caryn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Switching Broadband Packages

Hi
Just wondered if you could clarify a few things for me, before I switch my broadband package.
I'm currently on Plusnet Broadband Your Way Pro, which has a usage allowance of 15GB, but prioritises gaming traffic I believe. We always exceed the 15GB as there are four people using the net daily, with moderate - heavy usage and my bill for the month is inveriably £27 plus.
Can you explain what difference there would be , if I switched to Extra (60GB) @ £17.99 plus the pro addon @ £5 per month? Would my peak period speeds be affected - we get at best 5meg peak and with four of us using the net can't afford to slow that down. At first glance it seems that we would only gain, both in cost and usage allowance if we switched.
Thanks for your help
Caryn
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Switching Broadband Packages

That is what is known as a win win situation.
No change to the free period, more allowance, same prioritised traffic and you keep all your present freebies.
Also you can go to ADSL2+ if it is available possibly giving even higher download speeds and higher upload speeds
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

To avoid confusion, if you do decide to switch package (and I can't see any reason why you wouldn't want to) you will select an upgrade to plain Extra and the change will take place on your billing date.
Once the switch has been made you can then activate the Pro add-on. Activation takes place within a few minutes and a pro-rata charge will be invoiced on your *next* bill. If you activate the add-on on billing date the pro-rata charge will be the full £5 giving the appearing of double-charging for the following month.
Just something to be aware of. Smiley
David
caryn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the replies guys.
I'll look into switching over today, shame we've just been billed for the month for the old package  Grin