cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to bt in August yet you still take £39

gerrarda
Dabbler

Switched to bt in August yet you still take £39

Now spent over 4hrs trying to get money back you should not have taken as I am no longer a customer! What happened to the official complaint I put in and why now do I have an email saying you have closed my question and only just closing down my account and that it will take another 20 days to do!!! I raised this issue at the beginning of September!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Switched to bt in August yet you still take £39

In the first instance you should contact your bank and get the  direct debit reversed as a Direct debit liability claim.

Plusnet have prior form when it comes to ongoing billing of customers who have left them.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

“There can be no margin for error, and no excuses, when it comes to billing customers correctly,” said Lindsey Fussell, consumer group director at Ofcom. “This fine should serve as a reminder to telecoms companies that they must adhere to Ofcom’s billing rules at all times, or face the consequences.”

You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
gerrarda
Dabbler

Cheers protech for the info. Just had an email from plusnet following my latest call saying they are sorry to see me leave. Also that I’ll miss out on their award winning customer service 😂
Welshdragon
Rising Star

It beggars belief how PN can genuinely win these so-called rewards, especially after being investigated by Ofcom since The penalty imposed relates to an infringement from 26 May 2011 to 3 September 2015.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Removed HTML quote tags.