cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Plusnet via a special offer - can I upgrade without penalty?

Purrfect

Switched to Plusnet via a special offer - can I upgrade without penalty?

Hi - I'm a new (and happy) PN customer, having just signed up via a money supermarket PN Value broadband+phone package deal that included half price broadband for the first year and a cash-back.
However, after just a couple of days it's become clear that I will need the 60G Extra package, rather than the 10G Value package (even with scheduling downloads for midnight-8am).
Is it possible to upgrade my phone+broadband product without losing all of the above 'inducements'? If so, who do I need to contact?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Switched to Plusnet via a special offer - can I upgrade without penalty?

Hi Purrfect and welcome,
You should certainly be able to upgrade to Extra and retain some discount & cashback. Whether you will get Extra for 1/2 price or whether you will retain your £3.25/month discount against the price of Extra I wouldn't like to say.
I'm sure one of the PlusNet DC(Digital Care) team will be along shortly to provide a definitive answer and suggest the best method to go about the upgrade.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The cash back is independent, I believe the only criteria for that is that your account remains active for I think three months? The cashback should come after that.
With regard to the half price discounts, you'll keep those but they'll still be at the Value level so while your extra account won't be half price it will still be discounted.
Hope that helps.
Purrfect

Thanks for the quick response Matt and MrW - I will arrange an upgrade.