cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to BT

lightworker07

Switched to BT

Hi,

I have switched away from Plusnet (my service with BT went Live on 19th August). I've checked my account; there's no notification of Plusnet acknowledging the switch. And I've been sent an email saying my monthly fee will be taken soon.

I would like to cancel the Direct Debit; but would like to use this opportunity to give an advance notice that I will be cancelling the Direct Debit.

Many thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Switched to BT

Hi @lightworker07, welcome to the forums.

Sorry to see your account didn't cancel following the broadband migrating away. I'll flag this up with our billing team to ensure the account is cancelled and the current payment is refunded back to you.

lightworker07 wrote:

I would like to cancel the Direct Debit; but would like to use this opportunity to give an advance notice that I will be cancelling the Direct Debit.

Unfortunately we wouldn't take that request via the forums, however I'd recommend leaving the DD instruction in place so we can issue the refund back in the same manner. If you were to cancel the DD instruction, it would have to be sent back via cheque refund which could take longer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
lightworker07

Thank you for raising this.

I have been trying to get this sorted via the Support Desk; as I had cancelled my Direct Debit I was subject to Nag Screens. I was advised to make the payment that the DD wasn't able to make. I was informed then that my service would be cancelled and that I would be refunded. That was last week, still no refund.

I have left messages about this on the support desk, but to no avail.

I have been emailed that my cancellation would be on 15th September, almost a calender month after I had formally switched away from Plusnet.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for any confusion surrounding the dates. Your account was closed on 08/09/16.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
lightworker07

Ok, thank you for getting back. 

I made a payment to Plusnet; as I was advised to do this with one of the Chat Help team. I paid £12.49 on 5th September, and I was told that this would be refunded. In addition to this; I was also told that that I was due to have £2.49 paid back to me also; but that couldn't be refunded back via debit card. (I was told that would have to be by cheque).

Any progress  on the refund; when could I expect it please? Thank you.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That was also issued on 08/09/16 and should be with you within 10 working days of it being issued on our side.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet